About The Reformation Project
As a Bible-based, Christian organization, The Reformation Project's mission is to advance LGBTQ inclusion in the church. Our vision is of a global church that honors Scripture and fully affirms LGBTQ people.
Our various programs reflect our understanding of how change happens. First, we seek to inform Christians about the biblical case for LGBTQ inclusion to show how they can fully affirm both the Bible and LGBTQ people. Next, we engage non-affirming Christians through outreach and advocacy to help them move toward LGBTQ affirmation. Finally, we reform, supporting churches as they shift their teachings and policies from non-affirming to affirming of LGBTQ Christians.
The Core Values Driving Us
Our Statement of Faith expresses our foundational beliefs in the Bible as the Word of God; God as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; and Christ’s death for our sins and resurrection from the dead. Our faith beliefs and values are the bedrock of everything we do at The Reformation Project. To do your best work with us, it is essential that you are passionately aligned with our Statement of Faith and our values:
- Love for God: We seek to honor God with everything we do, with our lives, and with our relationships. We seek to follow Jesus, worshipping him as God and emulating his life, teachings, and ministry.
- Love for the Bible: We revere the Bible as the Word of God, inspired by God and authoritative for Christian life and practice. Our love for Scripture drives us to help the church interpret and apply it as faithfully as possible when it comes to gender and sexuality.
- Love for the church: We are compelled by our love for the church to help the body of Christ truly be the hands and feet of Jesus to the world. Our love for the church includes a love for fellow Christians who disagree with us theologically or are still seeking to discern their views about LGBTQ inclusion.
Additionally, we uphold monogamy and covenant, honoring the link that Scripture and the Christian tradition make between sex and lifelong commitment. We also prioritize diversity and inclusion in our work, following Jesus’s example of love and concern for people on the margins of society. We strongly encourage prospective candidates to read the values page of our website in detail before applying.
About the Role
The Reformation Project seeks a Communications Coordinator, a tactical position that works closely with the Executive Director to produce compelling online and offline communications that will grow the organization’s reach and exposure. The ideal candidate has a working grasp of all core components of marketing, with experience in writing, messaging, website, social media, producing electronic and print collateral, storytelling, and project management. The communications coordinator will report to and work closely with the Executive Director, as well as interfacing with the Director of Development.
This role is a full-time position working from our Dallas office, with some travel required.
The Communications Coordinator can expect their work to include:
Audience Growth and Monitoring
- Contribute positively to organizational culture and enthusiastically live out our faith beliefs and organizational values
- Under the direction of the Executive Director, assist in the development of a strategic communications plan and editorial calendar with a goal of growing The Reformation Project’s e-mail list and social media following
- Ensure The Reformation Project’s brand standards are followed throughout the organization
- Utilize Google Analytics, paid advertising, web marketing (SEO and SEM), and digital strategy to expand the organization’s virtual reach
- Suggest and then implement new strategies and tactics for utilizing social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.) for both marketing and development purposes
- Design and track engagement metrics to determine the success of the organization’s marketing efforts
- Engage with constituents by responding to inquiries to the general e-mail inbox
Content Development and Dissemination
- Inhabit The Reformation Project’s voice to help the Executive Director draft mission-aligned offline and online messaging
- Help the Executive Director edit and distribute high-quality copy and narratives for internal and external audiences
- Actively engage with other staff to understand the details of The Reformation Project’s work and gather stories for use in marketing and development communications
- Manage production of all electronic and print collateral including, but not limited to, social media, e-newsletters, the organization’s website, and fundraising collateral
- Customize marketing communications to target the diverse audiences within The Reformation Project’s constituency, including donors, program alumni, prospective program participants, and other supporters
- Manage development of compelling digital content (video, graphics, etc.) and create branded visuals
- Monitor and maintain The Reformation Project’s website
How You Know This is the Right Job for You
- Committed Christian who loves God, the Bible, and the church
- Minimum of two years of professional communications experience managing social media with exposure to marketing and nonprofit fundraising
- Demonstrable experience and success as a marketing generalist, with hands-on experience growing an organization’s following through email and social media
- Impeccable written communication skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Extensive experience working with online platforms such as Campaign Monitor, Canva, Google products, WordPress, social media platforms, and other platforms that enable and enhance digital presence
- A documented history of successfully driving projects to completion
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex issues
- Enthusiasm to propose fresh ideas and openness to feedback on those ideas
To be maximally successful in this role, you need to be:
- Passionately aligned with The Reformation Project’s values and Statement of Faith
- A born project manager able to work backward from a deadline to create a plan
- Accustomed to working on multiple projects with different deadlines simultaneously
- A strong writer with experience creating compelling content
- A reliable and friendly communicator who reaches out and follows up
- A stickler for details and quality
- A caretaker of sensitive information about donors, board members, constituents, etc.
- A strong self-motivator
- A creative thinker willing to test out new ideas
- A graphic designer and/or photographer will bring added value
About Compensation and Benefits
- This role will receive an annual salary between $40,000-$45,000
- Health and dental benefits
- 15 days paid time off, 10 national holidays observed
Candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and recent writing sample that is authored solely by the candidate and relevant to marketing and communications work, such as a blog post, article, social media campaign, etc., to email@example.com with “Communications Coordinator Application” in the subject line.