Since 2005, the Conference on Crimes Against Women has trained over 15,000 law enforcement officers, prosecutors, advocates, probation/parole officers, medical professionals, campus administrators, military personnel, and others on best practices for responding to crimes against women. Attendees come from across the US and internationally to hear from the nation’s leading experts on domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, stalking, and more.
Each year in Dallas, Texas the goal of the Conference on Crimes Against Women (CCAW) is to provide practical instruction, using current information, the newest ideas and most successful intervention strategies, to those professionals responsible for combating the many and varied forms of crimes against women. Partnering with the Dallas Police Department, the Conference is a program of Genesis Women’s Shelter and Support.
Our Communications Coordinator will work closely with the Conference team and be a key team member providing comprehensive administrative support, customer service, marketing and communications support, Conference coordination, website updates, collateral project management, assistance with media relations, and grant writing under the supervision and guidance of the Director of Communications and Operations.
- Manage general communications, correspondence, customer service inquiries, and mail
- Provide on-site assistance during the actual Conference – must be present at the Conference
- Provide virtual support during webinars including moderating, customer support, and speaker support– must be available for virtual events
- Assist with grant writing as needed
- Assist with all aspects of CCAW’s social media presence
- Assist in all aspects of marketing and outreach to potential attendees, sponsors, exhibitors, and speakers including website, newsletters, eblasts, mail outs, etc.
- Co-manage website updates
- Create and edit signage for Conference
- Update media lists and draft press releases
- Work with graphic designer on collateral for Conference
- Assist with Podcast on Crimes Against Women
- Bachelor’s Degree
- High degree of proficiency and comfort level in Microsoft Office and computer systems, generally.
- Ability to work under deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbal and written, with donors, volunteers, coworkers and Conference attendees
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and work through sometimes delicate “customer service” issues
- Committed team player
- Ability to problem solve
- Strong creative writing skills
- Experience with grant writing
- Professional experience in communications, marketing, or public relations
- Experience working with social media platforms in a professional capacity
- Experience with advertising on social media platforms
- Experience working with virtual events software: zoom, GoToMeeting, etc.
- Experience working in the back-end of websites
Please forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org