Make an Impact as a Communications and Events Specialist
You will serve as the primary expert in communications and media for internal and external audiences of ChildCareGroup. You will also manage the cultivation and coordination for Special Events that involve donors and volunteer groups while working under the supervision of the VP of Philanthropy and Communications.
Why work for ChildCareGroup?
Founded in 1901, ChildCareGroup’s (CCG) mission is to champion a strong early childhood system that teaches children and parents, trains early childhood professionals, and assists families. ChildCareGroup believes that children do better as their parents do better. When families thrive, communities succeed.
ChildCareGroup offers a generous benefits package including Paid Parental Leave, (12) Company Holidays, 401(k) match, Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision and more!
You are a great fit for the role because you identify with the CCG SPIRIT, our core values:
SERVICE – Lead with a servant’s heart
PROFESSIONALISM – Perform our best every day
INTEGRITY – Do what is right
RESPECT – Treat each other the way we wish to be treated
INCLUSION – Value individual differences
TEAMWORK – Communicate and collaborate to achieve our goals
- Works closely with VP of Philanthropy, Corporate & Community Engagement Manager, CEO/President, Executive Assistant, Board Trustee volunteers, community volunteers, donors, program staff, parents and children and public relations firms and advertising agencies.
- Manages the day-to-day needs of the Philanthropy and Communications Department in coordinating and creating all communications needs including, but not limited to email marketing, PowerPoint and/or presentation.
- Assists in development of marketing content for internal and external communications, including social media platforms, photography and video editing, social media content creation and posting, newsletters, Zoom meetings and coordination with graphic designers.
- Manages relationships with Individual and Group Donors and Volunteers
- Individual, Community Group, and Corporate Group volunteers
- Assists in planning year-round fundraising and volunteer activities that supports programs and cultivates and stewards donors (backpack drives, holiday parties, reading days, etc.)
- Assists in recruiting, cultivating, training, executing, reporting on and stewarding volunteer and donor relationships to meet an annual in-kind revenue goal from volunteer hours and donated goods.
- United Way (Corporate Groups)
- Leads organization of United Way (UW) Days of Impact from cultivation to implementation to stewardship.
- Coordinates internal UW speaking engagement team (CCG staff) and manages relationship with UW Campaign Associates for UW speaking engagements. Performs a significant portion of the UW speaking engagements.
- Coordinates CCG UW Employee Giving Campaign (executed by a CCG staff committee once a year).
- Auxiliary Groups: Friends of ChildCareGroup and Board Alumni Association
- Works with CEO/President, Executive Assistant, VP of Philanthropy, and Corporate & Community Engagement Manager to create and execute plans for Friends and Alumni activities each year including an annual membership drive and event as well as various volunteer and educational/social activities throughout the year.
- Special Events:
- Recruits, trains, coordinates, and stewards day-of event volunteers for annual major special event fundraisers and other events
- Individual, Community Group, and Corporate Group volunteers
- In-Kind Donation Programs
- Maintains regular communication with staff regarding agency needs for in-kind goods and professional services, financial donations and volunteer projects
- Promotes, cultivates, plans, manages, and follows up on in-kind donation drives.
- Recycle 2 Support: Coordinates with existing partner and donor prospects for donated goods to meet annual cash revenue goal from partnership.
- Secures in-kind donor relationships to meet an annual in-kind revenue goal from new donated goods
- Identifies prospects and secures donors (e.g. churches, schools, community groups, service organizations, corporations, and individuals)
- Researches, cultivates, adopts, manages, and advertises new donation programs that will provide ongoing, minor income (e.g. car donations, paper recycling, grocery cards, etc.)
- Advocates for CCG at various community events, including but not limited to volunteer fairs.
- Maintains data tracking and reporting systems for volunteers
- Enhances and maintains volunteer promotional materials, CCG Volunteer Handbook, volunteer job descriptions, and training materials for volunteer activities and in-kind drives.
- Aligns volunteer cultivation, escalation, and stewardship activities with the agency’s fundraising goals and external communications.
- Contributes content to internal and external communications.
- Assists with execution of additional Philanthropy projects as necessary for smooth and efficient operations.
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events required
- Completes other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2 years of experience in communications and/or special events coordination preferred
- Excellent editorial and writing skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Committed to a high standard of quality with attention to details
- Effective and professional interaction with internal and external customers, including volunteers, donors, vendors and all levels of staff
- Experience in Microsoft/Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher
- Experience in photography, video and editing
- Experience in PowerPoint and other presentation software
- Experience in email marketing platforms (Constant Contact, Mailchimp, Paperless Post, Canva, etc.)
- Experience with Zoom and other virtual meeting platforms
- Experience in organic and paid social media for business
- Experience in Adobe Acrobat. Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop
- Experience in Abila Fundraising software helpful but not required
- Experience in desktop publishing, administrative support, fundraising, and community volunteering
Travel and Compliance Requirements
- Must have a valid Texas driver's license
- Driving record must comply with CCG's automobile insurance carrier requirements
- Must have liability insurance coverage and reliable personal transportation
- Ability to travel locally or out of town as required
- Mileage reimbursement is offered when applicable
- Must successfully meet all compliance background check requirements for federal funding throughout employment
- In accordance with the applicable directives from the Federal government and the Office of Head Start regarding COVID-19 vaccine requirements, all CCG employees must be fully vaccinated by January 4, 2022.
ChildCareGroup’s Generous Health and Wellness Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short Term, Long Term Disability and Basic Life Insurance at no cost
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Telemedicine at no cost
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid Time Off
- (12) Paid Company Holidays
- And more!
Become a part of the team that supports the education and assistance of over 50,000 lives per year in Texas!
ChildCareGroup is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Please click here to apply for this opportunity!