Position: Clinical Family Support Specialist
Reports to: Family Support Director
Vogel Alcove, a 30 year old non-profit in Dallas, whose mission is dedicated to the care and early childhood education of young children from homeless and domestic abuse shelters has an opening for a Full-time, Clinical Case Manager in their NAEYC Accredited child care facility. This position is responsible for providing case management, parent education, consultation, information/referral and supportive services for children and families. The Clinical Family Support Specialist position functions as a member of the Family Support team and works in collaboration with childcare and other agency programs benefiting homeless children and families receiving services at Vogel Alcove. Professionals are expected to perform their duties with the highest degree of professionalism and in compliance with both the Social Work Code of Ethics and with all policies of the Vogel Alcove.
Minimum requirements are Master’s Degree in Social work, with licensure or license-eligibility at the LMSW level, to be obtained within 30 days of employment. Two years supervised work experience in direct services in the areas of mental health, maternal/child health, child welfare, or other related health and human services fields is preferred, as is familiarity with the dynamics of childhood trauma and resultant behavioral disturbance and social/emotional development of early childhood. Other necessary skills include:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to empathize, understand and engage target population.
- Strong computer and organizational skills.
- Reliable, punctual, resourceful, self-initiated and ability to follow through on task.
- Proven ability to work in a culturally competent way with diverse populations.
- Ability to work autonomously and maintain accountability.
- Utilize supervision and management appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a complex workload.
- Demonstrate an ability to work in a fluid environment and function competently in crisis situations.
Vogel Alcove offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, a generous benefits plan for regular full-time and regular part-time employees and a great working environment. Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary history to HR@vogelalcove.org.