Children First Counseling Center seeks a dynamic and dedicated licensed counselor or licensed clinical social worker to lead our clinical team and programs as the Clinical Director. Since 1985, Children First has provided low or no cost counseling services, with emphasis on survivors of abuse, neglect, or other forms of victimization.
Children First is a special place to share your skills and compassion. This position will have the opportunity to champion our cause by guiding a team of dedicated, professional clinicians, along with master’s level students from local universities. If you have a passion for providing hope and healing and have leadership skills to match, Children First Counseling Center could be the next step in your professional career.
We are conveniently located midway between Dallas and Ft. Worth. To learn more about Children First, visit www.ChildrenFirstInc.org.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote agency mission, programs, and projects to the community.
- Supervise and direct agency clinical programs and clinical personnel in primary location and potential satellite locations.
- Provide individual, family, and group therapy as needed.
- Ensure the highest level of customer service and timeliness is met to prioritize client needs.
- Collaborate with and develop referral networks with other community agencies, schools, and regional service providers.
- Serve as the primary Administrator of Electronic Health Records and ensure that designated team members implement EHR process in a timely manner.
- Assist Executive Director with grant writing as well as demographic, clinical outcomes, billing, and financial reports.
- Develop supporting program curricula and implement outcome measures that evaluate program efficacy.
- Facilitate regular program personnel staff meetings, case staffing meetings, and professional development training sessions/meetings.
- May be called upon to render expert testimony pertaining to agency clients and mental health, crime victimization, abuse, and perpetrator issues in response to subpoenas.
- Other duties as assigned.
Highly Preferred Skills:
- Experience providing therapy to children, adults, and families. Group facilitation experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of a variety of treatment modalities including trauma-informed therapies such as EMDR, TF-CBT, as well as Play Therapy.
- Experience providing therapy to child and adult trauma victims.
- Experience in development and implementation of programs, policies, and procedures in compliance with applicable contracts, grants, standards of practice, and budgets.
- Experience with Child Protective Service reporting procedures.
- Knowledgeable of required parental releases, custody agreements, and other custodial documents.
- Ability to motivate and lead the clinical team.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to build rapport with clients.
Other Requirements: LPC/ LPC Associate, LMFT/ LMFT Associate, LMSW, LCSW and/or licensed doctorate in the mental health field issued by the State of Texas required. Must be free from licensing complaints and state board reprimands. Supervisory credentials are considered a plus.
Qualifications: Master’s Degree in counseling, Social Work, or closely related field. Must have a minimum of 3+ years of post-graduate clinical experience; 2 years experience supervising others (LMSW, LPC Associate, or LMFT Associate nearing completion of required supervision hours may be considered based upon demonstrated clinical, leadership and organizational skills.) Ability to speak conversational Spanish (or higher proficiency) is highly favorable.
Physical Demands: Frequent sitting, standing, and walking. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hours: Full-time. Position requires flexibility to work some evenings and weekend hours. Some local travel for community outreach.
Salary: STARTING PAY AT $52K. Benefits include paid time off, generous paid holiday package, flex time, and monthly health bonus.
Please email your resume and minimum salary requirements to Darcy Harris, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.