Do you want a career that makes a true and lasting difference in the world? Are you ready to join an organization where you can change the trajectory of a girl’s life?
Imagine all girls empowered to be strong, smart, and bold. That’s exactly what we do at Girls Inc. of Tarrant County! Our programs promote health, education, career readiness, and independence. Through advocating for girls and their futures, we reduce barriers in their lives that stem from violence, poverty, and inequity that they encounter at home, at school, in relationships, online, or in their community. Our unique combination of life-changing mentoring relationships, a pro-girl culture, and research-based programming equip girls to be healthy, educated, and empowered.
At Girls Inc. of Tarrant County, you’ll find professional development and personal fulfillment. The work can be challenging, but the girls and their successes make it all worthwhile. At Girls Inc., you can truly make a difference in the lives of at-risk girls!
Join us on Facebook at /girlsinctarrant to see the amazing work being done in your community!
At Girls Inc. of Tarrant County, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the girls we serve.
You might be interested in our newest opportunity of Chief Program Officer. Read more below!
Position Title: Chief Program Officer
Category/FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
Supervisor: President & Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Supervises: Direct Supervisor for the following positions: Senior Program Directors, Program Directors, Program Coordinator, STEM Program Director, College & Career Director, Tarrant County Kids Director
Office Location: 1226 E. Weatherford Street, Fort Worth, TX 76102
The Chief Program Officer is responsible for the implementation, management, supervision, evaluation, and growth of three major agency components: the organization’s youth-based advocacy programming; Tarrant County Kids childcare division; and, Information Technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Program Implementation and Delivery:
- Implement, manage, supervise, and evaluate all program activities.
- Compile, maintain, analyze, and report program statistics.
- Analyze trends in programs, identifying issues and developing and recommending solutions to CEO.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate recruitment strategies to expand the number of program clients.
- Ensure programming goals and timelines are achieved.
- Partner with fund development staff to identify and apply for program funding.
- Collaborate with National Girls Inc. on projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Engage in strategic planning process with agency leadership.
- Hire, train, supervise, evaluate, coach, and discipline staff within the department with support from leadership as needed.
- Conduct employee evaluations annually.
- Oversee work schedules of program staff; ensure adequate staff to carry out the program activities.
- Supervise the effective maintenance of data management software.
- Collaborate with external vendors to ensure agency maintains an effective, secure system.
- Manage network; troubleshoot problems on individual machines.
- Help manage website content; manage online inquiries.
- Manage agency’s social media platforms as directed.
Agency Mission and Goals:
- Understand and support the mission of the organization; commit to elevating mission effectiveness.
- Represent the agency with professionalism, integrity, and a commitment to excellence at all times.
- Participate in goal-setting for program objectives, strategies, and tactics.
Related Agency Activities:
- Support the Chief Executive Officer to ensure highly productive, day-to-day management of the organization.
- Contribute to the creation and stewardship of the organization’s fundraising culture.
- Participate in community coalitions and committees as appropriate.
- Engage in periodic assessment of own performance; develop professional goals and objectives.
- Participate in staff meetings and conferences; work collaboratively with staff to meet goals.
- Participate in fundraising and volunteer engagement events as directed.
- Engage in approved continuing education opportunities as appropriate.
- Share the duties of answering phones and greeting guests.
- Serve as an ambassador for the agency.
- Bachelor’s degree; special consideration may be given for equivalent experience and personal qualifications in lieu of degree.
- Ability to lead staff in achieving goals with excellent employee coaching skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship-building skills; strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interact with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent computer skills; full knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Ability to provide professional references and clear extensive background checks.
- Possess reliable transportation and a valid Texas driver’s license.
- Master’s degree in related field.
- Coursework in social work, education, health, psychology, and/or sociology.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
This position requires the ability to operate phones, computers, and other office equipment, and the physical ability to perform light lifting. This person must be able to communicate effectively with program participants. Work is typically performed in an office or classroom setting. This person may be required to travel to various locations throughout Tarrant County. Generally, the working conditions have little or no exposure to extremes in safety hazards or hazardous materials.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Girls Inc. of Tarrant County provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other discrimination prohibited by law. The agency complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances prohibiting employment discrimination.
TO APPLY: Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Jennifer Limas, President & CEO, email@example.com