Position: Chief Financial Officer
Reports to: President and CEO
Goodwill Industries of Dallas, Inc. (“Goodwill”) is a not for profit 501(c)(3) organization approaching its 100-year anniversary which operates a social enterprise model with the following objectives:
The Mission: Changing lives, one job at the time.
Our Purpose: Goodwill exist to help persons with barriers recognize and reach their full potential and experience a life filled with purpose, accomplishment, and self-sufficiency.
Our Niche: Goodwill does this by helping people with barriers build skills, find jobs, and grow their careers though a donated goods business, workforce development services, and other social enterprise models.
Our Values: Respect-Commitment-Improvement-Integrity
Goodwill is seeking a Chief Financial Officer to replace the incumbent who plans to retire in the first half of 2022. Goodwill presents a unique opportunity to join not only a well-established charitable organization with an enduring mission centered around jobs, but one that is poised for substantial growth in the scope of its operations and the number of individuals it serves in the community. The growth will be fueled by expanding the number of thrift stores and donation centers in its territory and by offering additional services in its workforce development program. The growth plans will be aided through investments in technology to streamline the processing, recording and monitoring of the organization’s activities.
The CFO is a key member of the executive management team which includes regular interaction with the President and CEO, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Mission Officer, VP of Human Resources, VP of Information Technology and the Executive Assistant to the President and CEO. The CFO also attends, and at time presents information during, meetings of the board of directors of Goodwill, the Foundation and their respective committees.
The Goodwill CFO position requires the willingness to be hands-on as well as the ability to understand the big picture and set appropriate priorities for the finance and technology areas of the organization. A successful candidate will have senior leadership experience, a broad financial perspective, and a passion for the opportunity to serve in a flourishing human service organization. The CFO must be capable of developing and fostering trusted working relationships with the executive management team and other Goodwill colleagues while demonstrating the values of respect, commitment, improvement and integrity. She/he must demonstrate professionalism, effective verbal and written communications and competence to work productively with team members, board members, community partners, donors, and grantors. An effective CFO will be proactive in identifying issues as well as opportunities to resolve problems and act in Goodwill’s interest. With Goodwill’s significant expansion and growth opportunities, the CFO position offers an exceptional opportunity for a truly talented individual.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, majoring in accounting or business required. An advanced business degree and/or CPA designation is preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience is required.
- Thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), as it applies to nonprofit organizations and ability to research new pronouncements as necessary and appropriate.
- Strong knowledge of internal control procedures in a lean environment.
- Knowledge and ability to apply and explain financial concepts to others and to facilitate discussion among the executive team.
- Ability to provide financial and technical support to all levels of staff on accounting, finance, and reporting.
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing and to work well with department heads and the executive team.
- Ability to use discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Ability to work well under the stress of meeting deadlines.
- This position requires a background check and a credit check.
send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org