Founded in 1983, Austin Street Center is an emergency shelter that serves men, ages 45 and older, and women, ages 18 and older in Dallas, Texas. Its mission is to provide safe shelter and meet the basic needs of the most vulnerable homeless, furthered by its vision to end homelessness one client at a time.
With a strong foundation, and years of steady growth, Austin Street Center seeks its first Chief Operations Officer to position the organization for continued and sustained growth, including management and development of all operational staff, implementation of new programs, and leadership with external partners and vendors. This senior position requires a strategic and detailed individual who adeptly works with the organization’s leadership to accomplish annual objectives and improve operational efficiencies.
Reporting to the CEO and serving on the Executive Leadership Team, the successful candidate will lead a thirty-person staff, which currently includes case managers, shelter services, program staff, and security personnel.
• Management of Shelter Services
• Programs and Project Support
• Organizational Leadership
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university; Master’s degree in Nonprofit Management, Business, or a related field from an accredited college or university, preferred
• Success setting action plans to execute organizational strategy
• Demonstrated experience strengthening operations and management procedures and practices
• Knowledge of crisis intervention principles and practices and case management, preferably in the area of homelessness or a population with significant need
• Favorable experience leading, managing, and developing a large staff
• Project Management
• Operations Management
• Interpersonal Skills
• Collaboration and Partnerships
• Communications Skills
Interested individuals should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include Austin Street Center in the title. No phone calls, please.
Austin Street Center is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.