The Chief Operating Officer (COO) position is a part of the The Bridge Homeless Recovery Center Leadership Team, which consists of the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Services Officer, Chief Development Officer and Human Resources Director. The COO will implement the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively maintain and grow the organization’s operations. The COO accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive, and energetic communication style with employees and partners, guided by the mission of the organization.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management for a human services organization that reflects the adopted mission and core values of the organization.
- Responsible for managing the responsibilities, employees and external vendor relationships which enhance the work of The Bridge Facilities, Safety, and Information Technology (IT) employees.
- Responsible for establishing the effectiveness and measurement of all processes necessary for procuring, hiring, and delivering services necessary for facility maintenance, campus safety and security, and sustaining our IT needs, both internal and external. Provide timely, accurate and complete reporting on the operating condition of The Bridge.
- Collaborate with the Leadership Team to develop and implement plans for the operations, systems, processes, and personnel needs in association with strategic planning processes.
- Foster a success-oriented and accountable culture within the company.
- Positively represent the organization with partners and in the community.
- Oversees Operations budget and all commensurate expenses, assuring operations costs are responsive to budgetary parameters.
- In collaboration with the President and CEO and Leadership Team, plans and executes growth plans which reflect visionary planning regarding operational needs.
- Identifies and works collaboratively to address operational issues that are challenging the effectiveness of the various disciplines making up the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis.
- Skilled in strategic planning, organizational development, personnel management, budget creation and management, and acquisition of operations resources.
- Excellent people skills.
- Knowledge and skills which facilitate Team building.
- Characteristics which facilitate the ability to collaborate with the Leadership Team.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to organizational mission.
- Flexible and able to multitask.
- Capacity to work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment.
- Demonstrated skills which drive supervisees toward clarity and solutions.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred in business or related field.
- At least five years in a senior management role preferred.
- Must have a current Texas Drivers License and state required Liability Insurance.
- Analytical skills:
Must possess skills necessary to assess scenarios, craft recommendations, and implement solutions.
- Communication skills:
Must be able to communicate clearly and persuasively. Must effectively discuss issues and negotiate with others. Must possess conflict resolution capacities. Must manage through empowering communication employees they supervise. Must possess the skills which facilitate discussion of their processes and decisions to individuals within and outside the organization.
- Decision making skills:
Must possess decision-making skills for implementing basic processes and oversight of work within various disciplines. Must possess the maturity and judgement to assess different options and choose the best course of action, often daily.
- Detail oriented:
Must pay attention to detail when establishing, monitoring assessing, and compiling documentation.
- Leadership skills:
Must possess skills which support, empower, and lead a successful Team through coordinating processes, people, and resources.
Must assess and leverage strengths of the current Safety, Facilities, and Information Technology Team members. Assist with clarifying roles, purposes, and responsibilities. Develop and implement training programs to maximize and facilitate employees reaching optimal individual and organizational goals.
Must provide leadership to strengthen internal communications with employees at all levels throughout the organization. Create, promote, and sustain a positive and supportive work environment.
- Organizational skills:
Strong organizational skills are important for working with a range of employees, documentation expectations, and a variety of partner relationships.
- Time Management Skills:
Must be able to accomplish many tasks at the same time, typically under broad direction, ensuring that work expectations are completed and that established goals are addressed
To Apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Kourtney Martinez at email@example.com