Chief Development Officer
Almost 90 years ago, grieving the loss of her son, Mrs. Lena Pope reached out to help the most vulnerable children and families in Fort Worth. Over the years, the agency named in her honor has changed the way we serve children and families to meet the changing needs of the community.
Currently Lena Pope offers prevention, early intervention, education and counseling through the following programs:
- Chapel Hill Academy charter school provides elementary and middle school education to over 800 students in south Fort Worth.
- Counseling Services provides family therapy, play therapy, substance abuse treatment, and individual counseling to help children and families grow stronger.
- School & Community Based Services provides programs in the community to help at-risk youth and their families get the academic, behavioral, and social skills to be successful.
- Early Learning Centers provides early childhood education for over 200 children ages 6 weeks to 5 years old at 2 at two locations.
- Marty Leonard Community Chapel provides a beautiful and serene setting for weddings, and other life affirming ceremonies.
Fort Worth, TX 76107
As a non-profit, Lena Pope depends on the generosity of individuals, foundations, corporations, and others to provide the services helping to create hope, happiness and success for children and families. The leader in developing and encouraging this generosity is the Chief Development Officer. The Chief Development Officer is responsible for the overall direction and leadership of all development activities including fundraising, publications, media relations, community volunteers, planned and major gifts, marketing and public relations.
- Evaluate, manage and help create the strategic approach of resource development, donor relations, impact grants, special events, legacy giving and planned giving.
- Create, plan, manage and evaluate agency communications and marketing.
- Create informational and promotional material for donors, volunteers, employees, and advisors.
- Oversee volunteer initiatives.
- Initiate, nurture, and maintain relationships with current and prospective legacy and major gift donors.
- Discover new and potentially sustainable revenue streams.
- Supervises all aspects of the Development department, including 3+ FTE’s and daily operations.
- Participate in the development and management of the department budget and metrics.
- Track revenue and fundraising trends to predict future opportunities and avoid downward trends in individual, corporate, and foundation gifts.
- Cultivate relationships with major donors.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, and a Master’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- CFRE certification is preferred.
- Ten or more years of development and community relations experience, preferably in the non-profit sector. Previously raised at least $2M annually.
- Experience providing operational oversight to a significant department, project or initiative which includes budgetary accountability.
- Knowledge of and compliance with the Association of Fundraising Professionals’ Code of Ethics.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite and Raisers Edge donor-tracking software program.
Personal Skills and Attributes
- High-energy, results and relationship driven leader with the ability to engage the community with the mission of Lena Pope.
- Excellent communication, team-building, and time management skills.