The mission of our case management team is to help our clients experiencing homelessness to be re-housed as quickly and permanently as possible. To that end, Austin Street has deployed a Rapid Re-Housing program (RRH) which provides short-term subsidized housing to people with low- to moderate-acuity and needs. We will provide move-in costs and rental assistance for 4-6 months plus individualized case management services that will assist the client to maintain their rental unit permanently, hopefully without government subsidy assistance.
The Rapid Re-Housing Case Manager will work to quickly connect eligible clients to rental units in the community that will work with the RRH program and visit the clients in their new homes to provide the support and training they need to pay their rent, be a good neighbor, and maintain a clean home as permanently as possible.
- Housing Navigation: assist clients to determine their eligibility for the RRH program and set up their move into a rental unit
- Financial Assistance: complete budget and savings plans to determine the client’s maximum contribution toward rent and make timely requests for program payments
- Individualized Case Management: assist program participants one-on-one (mostly in their homes) to complete and diligently execute a Housing Stability Plan to maintain their rental unit
- Data entry and quality management: document all services in the local Homeless Management Information System, including case notes and client enrollment and exit information with minimal missing data
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work or other human services field (psychology or sociology preferred)
- Valid Texas Driver’s License
- Ability to lift 25-40 pounds. Tasks may involve bending, lifting, and carrying heavy items.
- Previous experience Training in Housing First, Motivational Interviewing, the Transtheoretical Model of Change, Harm Reduction, and/or Trauma-Informed Care, a plus
- Three or more years of successful work or volunteer experience in homeless services, preferred
- Excellent customer service skills, especially when working with “difficult” customers
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to communicate clearly with outside providers and partners, especially health care providers
- Bilingual in Spanish, a plus
- U.S. Military service
Qualified applicates can submit a cover letter which details how the applicant demonstrates the character qualities required for excellent performance in this position and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org OR complete the online application APPLY HERE