The Case Manager provides case management and crisis intervention services to clients of Emily’s Place with a goal of moving victims of domestic violence towards financial independence and housing stability. The Case Manager is responsible for ensuring clients are: accessing resources that will help with achieving financial independence and housing stability, in compliance with Emily’s Place program, and following through with the established case management plan.
The Case Manager assesses each client’s treatment needs, developing, monitoring and evaluating plans and progress. The Case Manage will meet with each client on a scheduled basis to monitor services for residents consistent with Emily’s Place compliance, regulations and established best practices. Provides support which may include resident/family advocacy, ongoing assessment and evaluation, service coordination and care planning.
This position is expected to work collaboratively on a high level as a member of RPAT Care Team.
- Excellent customer service skills, organizational skills, and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), decision-making and evaluation skills. Computer experience with database and word processing skills. Experience with Sharevision preferred
- Experience with budgeting preferred.
- Proven ability to work with a team for cooperative problem solving and consensus building.
- Demonstrated ability to establish trusting, confidential relationships.
- Ability to develop effective working partnerships with various types of community groups and institutions.
- Ability to organize workflow, respond to emergencies and note detail. Ability to maintain a high level of performance in an environment of frequent demands and changes.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends, as required.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Job duties and responsibilities are as assigned by the Executive Director and may include, but are not limited to:
Policies and Procedures
- Work with designated leadership to keep policies and procedures current, continuously providing input regarding improvement.
- Follow established Emily’s Place Program protocol, policies and procedures.
- Maintain up-to-date records on all families served, with case notes updated and input into Sharevision within two business days.
- Conduct review of immediate client needs and connect them to appropriate resources to meet those needs
- Complete Intake Assessment with new clients in a timely manner
- Provide referrals and educate clients about available resources, specifically those related to healthcare, dental care, mental health care and child development.
- Advocate on behalf of clients as needed to help them access essential social services and other programs outside of Emily’s Place
- Develop individual case plans for clients (includes goals, objectives, steps, and timetable the client will follow to achieve financial independence and housing stability) and work with the Residential and Programming Admin Team on supplemental suggestions for programming, advocacy, and case management assistance
- Develop initial budget and financial plan
- Assist the client and Residential and Programming Admin Team on prioritizing goals towards fulfillment of case management plan
- Conduct weekly case management meetings with clients to review case plan, track progress, set goals, monitor budget, resources to complete plan, and provide guidance, encouragement and resource referrals.
- Manage client data efficiently, including entering client information for intake and exit, within Sharevision and other tracking programs as appropriate
- Assist in tracking client outcomes and service trends
- Attend weekly meetings with RPAT Care Team to discuss residents and share information regarding needs, issues, milestones, etc.
- Support leadership with gathering, retaining and preparing needed program documents, metrics, reporting and monitoring.
- Maintain effective communication with the RPAT Care Team including weekly written reports on each family.
- Attend meetings with collaborative social service partners to present Emily’s Place information and gather resource information for Emily’s Place staff and resident families.
- Identify, develop and maintain networks and partnerships with relevant service providers, community organizations, business and educational institutions to assist families.
- Contribute to positive and effective teamwork environment with colleagues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your letter of interest and resume. Please reference the job title in the subject line.