POSITION: Case Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
HOURS: Flexible schedule and will require several evenings a week & an occasional weekend
BENEFITS: Full medical and dental provided
The Case Manager will assess for psycho-social barriers as well as gaps in educational, emotional, health, and physical needs. This position will be expected to work closely with the students, maintain an environment of trust and nurture, and engage with them on a regular basis in ways that contribute to both the students’ and the organization’s success. The Case Manager will provide assistance in times of stress, alleviate crisis situations, counsel, and link students to needed resources.
The Case Manager performs a wide range of duties, including some or all the following:
- Perform ongoing essential Case Management (CM) activities of assessment, barrier and strengths identification, planning, implementation, coordination, monitoring, and evaluation of case managed members.
- Partner with the youth in designing an individualized plan for each student based on goals, needs, and gaps.
- Implement, evaluate and revise case management plans on an ongoing basis.
- Establish and maintain rapport with all youth in the program.
- Manage case load of up to 35 students at a time.
- Direct interface nightly with program activities and clients
- Accurately and consistently maintain case files on each student.
- Meet with staff on a weekly basis to review student needs and plans. Work with Program Director and Volunteer Manager to address individual and group needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, counseling, child development, or a related field
- MSW preferred
- Knowledge of client groups and/or issues related to the program area
- One to three years working with at-risk youth desired
- Strong management skills managing multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth
- Demonstrated ability to present effective and compelling messages to individuals, groups and the public
- Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for Incarnation House’s mission
The candidate needs to have strong relationship management skills working with diverse populations, cultural sensitivity and people-skills like good listening and good communication (written and oral) are vital.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond with a high degree of urgency to the needs & requests of others, internally and externally. Understand the impact of their work on others.
- Conflict management skills
- Ability to build rapport with young people and maintain confidentiality.
- Maintain constructive relationships and demonstrate respect for everyone contacted. Especially the Principal and Social Worker at North Dallas High School, DISD personnel, IH Board members, and key partners in the community
- Willingness and ability to adjust to changing conditions or priorities
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a larger staff team
Send Resume and Salary requirement to: email@example.com