Position Title: Caregiver Support Program Director
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Since 1961, The Senior Source has served greater Dallas as the go-to nonprofit for aging services. Through programs and services that assist, protect and connect older adults and caregivers, our mission is to enhance the quality of life and empower all older adults to thrive. Last year, we served 32,000 older adults and family caregivers, we educated 44,000 community members and professionals, and we mobilized more than 3,000 volunteers.
The Caregiver Support Program Director manages a growing and dynamic program that supports and assists those caring for aging loved ones with eldercare needs through providing supportive counseling and resources, seminars, and ongoing support group meetings, as well as overseeing ElderCare Partners, the organization’s fee-for-service care management program that provides comprehensive assessments, guidance and situational support provided by certified Geriatric Care Managers.
- Managing, documenting, monitoring, and supervising all aspects of the Caregiver Support Program services and ElderCare Partners’ fee-for-service care management activities in accordance with the agency’s mission and the program’s plan for growth.
- Recruiting and directly supervising Caregiver Support Program staff (2 FTEs) and 2 ElderCare Partners care managers (contract employees) and 1 ElderCare Partners business development manager (contract employee)
- Developing and maintaining appropriate personnel records and reports, monitoring staff activities, completing written evaluations on an annual basis, and regularly conducting scheduled meetings with staff, ensuring effective case consultation and management.
- Providing and overseeing supportive counseling and resources to family members of aging parents and to older adults requesting assistance, supplying information and referrals to appropriate services, as needed. Working with older adults to find solutions to help them stay independent and assisting caregivers to reduce caregiver stress.
- Managing processes to document outcome measures and ensure effective database usage and management for accurate data collection and reporting.
- Developing and implementing strategy to acquire new clients, retain existing clients, and cultivate potential clients to support growth of the fee-for-service program through significant and ongoing outreach efforts.
- Creating and conducting presentations to include corporation brown bag sessions, retiree group programs, outside agency in-services, college/university class lectures, pre-retirement seminars, special forums and community trainings, etc., as well as responding to media requests for information, working with the Marketing and Communications Director.
- Preparing grants and proposals in conjunction with the Development team and COO, as well as compiling and preparing required reports.
- Managing program budgets, financial statements, and programmatic audits by working closely with program staff, the Chief Financial Officer and the Chief Operating Officer, as well as overseeing and monitoring the fee-for-service billing process, including collections.
A master's degree in social work or a related field with a minimum of three years of experience in social services/non-profit management, including serving in a supervisory role, and three years of direct social service experience. Texas Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) preferred.
Ability to provide and supervise direct social work and counseling services; organize, plan and implement program operations; possess strong public speaking and writing skills; work effectively with individuals of varying backgrounds, ages and interests; and effectively supervise and manage people. Excellent organization, marketing, planning, and program implementation skills. Strong computer proficiency required, including proficiency with Salesforce, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word. Knowledge of private practice counseling and/or billing, preferred.
The Senior Source is an EEOC service provider/employer.
If interested, please submit a cover letter, salary requirements and resume to Renae Perry at RPerry@theseniorsource.org.