Career Pathways Coach is needed for our Employment Solutions’ Working Families Success program, a fast-paced, financial stability program which provides employment, financial, and resource coaching, and job placement assistance to unemployed and underemployed women and men.
The Career Pathways Coach duties include:
- Providing a positive entry point for low income, high barrier participants ensuring a smooth transition into program services
- Assessing and evaluating participant’s capacities and challenges to employment and assisting the participant utilizing coaching techniques
- Assisting the participant in connecting to local community resources and aiding them in accessing resources
- Outreaching potential and current participants for follow-up and data collection
- Accurately and timely collect and enter data into electronic systems
- Facilitating group Specialty Seminars on various topics to guide participants toward their employment and financial goals using current Agency curricula, processes and procedures; and processing required documents
- Providing employment and financial coaching and following up after employment to ensure job advancement and financial improvement
- Collaborating closely within our staff Success Team
- Connecting with Workforce Solutions staff and other community resource providers within Tarrant County
Strong candidates will:
Create an atmosphere that facilitates motivation, personal growth, and job placements for participants. Have a strong knowledge of community resources and of TANF/Choices programs. Have strong job search/job readiness skills. Connect with participants both individually and in group settings. Communicate at an exceptional level both verbally and in writing. Utilize coaching techniques with participants to move towards financial and employment goals. Accurately enter participant data into customized database and utilize MS Excel and Outlook at an intermediate level. Interact with collaborating organizations, their staff, and the employer community. Maintain and display respect and empowerment of participants and team members.
Must have access to regular and reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, automobile insurance, and be prepared to drive own vehicle on Center business.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in social services, communication or related field; Minimum two years’ experience coaching, case management or working in social services providing employment or job readiness training, or job placement. Combination of education, experience, and skills may be substituted for an individual’s education or experience requirements.
E-mail current resume and cover letter with salary requirement to:
Terri M. Rios
Director of Employment Solutions
SUBJECT LINE: Career Pathways Coach