Jewish Family Service is seeking an experienced Career Coach to guide and assist job seekers through a self-directed and one-on-one job search.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct intake interviews with program participants.
- Prepare Client intake and usage documentation.
- Evaluate the Clients’ current status, clarify needs and abilities and help develop a job search plan with the Client, guiding them through the job search process.
- Identify and address obstacles and develop strategies for career search success.
- Effectively engage a wide range of prospective jobs into the employment coaching process.
- Help write and critique resumes and cover letters, and help improve interviewing skills.
- Work closely to match Clients with area employers, available jobs and/or professional volunteers.
- Develop workshops and training curriculum.
- Conduct workshops and information sessions and secure other professionals in the community to support the training and workshops.
Background and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required with a degree in counseling or psychology, Human Services, Human Resources or related field with a minimum of 3 years work experience in employment services.
- Current knowledge of general principles and methods of leading a job search; adult education; labor market; computer software, applications and programs.
- Must have the ability to present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner.
- Intuitive with solid problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Proficiency in using common office computer applications such as MS Office, spreadsheets, databases, email and internet is required.
- Flexibility in work hours; some evenings may be necessary.
- Spanish a plus, but not necessary
- Financial Coaching a plus, but not necessary.
Interested candidates should email their cover letter and resume to email@example.com . EOE