Position Overview: The Campaign Manager is a key, full-time staff position for the duration of Meals on Wheels Collin County (MOWCC) Capital Campaign. The goal of the Campaign is to raise $10 million dollars to build a new facility for food production and office space. The Campaign Manager works closely with agency staff, volunteers, and professional counsel. The Campaign Manager reports to the CEO/Executive Director and has responsibility for day-to-day planning, coordination, and management of the Capital Campaign.
This position will also work to support the agency’s individual major gift program. This person, the Development Director and the CEO/Executive Director are the main points of contact for the Capital Campaign, major gifts, and legacy gifts. The Campaign Manager also works with the Board of Directors and the Campaign Steering Committee and other Campaign Committees responsible for specific aspects of the fundraising effort.
Agency Responsibilities – shared by all Staff members:
- Maintain confidentiality of client, donor, volunteer, staff, and board information.
- Support the mission, vision, and goals of MOWCC
- Deliver meals when necessary
- Answer phones and assist with client intakes
- Assist with other projects when necessary
Other job-related duties as assigned Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate directly with potential donors for the purpose of following up on materials mailed, emailed, or delivered, schedule appointments, answer questions and in some cases solicit gifts.
- Serve as the organizational hub for the Campaign, including managing all aspects of Campaign committee meetings, creation of content for internal Campaign newsletter, media talking points, etc.
- Manage the process by which prospect information is gathered and stored; input data into spreadsheets and or databases as it becomes available, and distribute reports to volunteers and committees
- Prepare monthly Campaign status reports for the Board of Directors and Campaign Committees
- Prepare and coordinate all donor campaign solicitation mailings and communications
- Coordinate donor “thank you” letters and phone calls, and all other gift acceptance and acknowledgement procedures including receipts. Manage pledge reporting and acknowledgement.
- Manage and coordinate Campaign cultivation events
- Coordinate collateral material design/production for each phase of the Campaign
- Work with Campaign team to develop strategies and positioning for individual and institutional prospects
- Responsible for staffing all committees of the Campaign and providing committee chairs and members with the tools and materials necessary to succeed in their solicitations
- Articulate through written materials such as proposals, personalized letters, and case statements the needs and vision for Meals on Wheels.
- Manage volunteer recognition process. Create and implement cultivation and stewardship plans for major donors; oversee planning group stewardship activities. Maintain and implement calendar of cultivation meetings for all constituent groups.
Other duties as assigned Other Conditions:
- Must have dependable transportation for meal delivery, errands, marketing events, and other job-related activities.
- Must be able to work with and communicate with clients, donors, volunteers, staff, and board members. Qualifications Success in this position depends on the ability to employ tact, intelligence, persuasion, and strong interpersonal and organizational skills to achieve Campaign goals.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Education: Minimum bachelor’s degree
- Experience: 2-5 years fundraising or related experience, including a clear track record in managing events or cultivation activities and understanding trends in philanthropy. Specific capital campaign experience preferred but not required.
- Strong commitment to the mission, vision, values and programs of the organization, and the ability to convey that information
- High level of computer proficiency
- Willingness to operate in a “hands-on” environment
- Team player, with the ability to motivate volunteers; prior experience working with volunteers is a significant plus
- Ability to manage multiple demands in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong analytical skills and a service approach
- Proven ability to exercise good and independent judgment; follow-through on details; and plan and act strategically, tactically, and creatively 10. Superior communication skills, both oral and written
Please send resume to Lea Poole, Director HR/Office Management
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com