The Clariden School of Southlake is a small, private school serving students from Pre-K through 12th grade with a creative and rigorous project-based learning program. Its mission is to offer next generation learning to a global community of independent thinkers by igniting curiosity, encouraging innovation and discovering genius. Both students and staff enjoy a warm, respectful, collaborative environment. We invite interested and qualified individuals to apply for a position opening on our administrative team.
Title: Business Manager
Classification: Salaried -Exempt
Status: Full-Time, 12 month
Hours: Regular business hours with occasional evening and weekend hours.
Reports to: Head of School
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Excellent Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance programs, 403b retirement matching, 25 days paid-time-off plus paid holidays and school breaks.
The Business Manager oversees the financial resources of the School, providing full-charge accounting through financial statements, regular financial reporting, financial analyses, budgeting, human resource and benefits administration; insurance, banking, and investments. This position works closely with the administrative staff, faculty, and Board finance committee.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and perform all accounts receivable functions including billing, payment processing, collections, reporting, reconciliations, banking, e-commerce, paper and electronic document management, database management and customer service.
- Oversee and perform all accounts payable functions including purchasing, processing bills, vendor payments, inventory management, reporting, reconciliation, database management, merchant account management, contracted services agreements, loan and lease management, paper and electronic document management, sales tax management, and fixed assets.
- Oversee and perform Human Resource functions including payroll (through 3rd party processor), benefits administration, employee file management and verification, communication with employees, database management, analysis and reporting, paper and digital document management, human resource functions including
- Manage the General Ledger, post adjusting, reversing and closing entries and prepare trial balance.
- Prepare reconciliations, analyses, budget forecasts, budget vs. actual reports, financial statements and other reports.
- Coordinate with accounting firms on annual financial audit and form 990 preparation
- Monitor compliance with GAAP financial reporting guidelines and stay informed of the most up-to-date pronouncements and regulatory changes that would impact the school’s financial reporting processes
- Manage property and liability insurance policies
- Manage financial aid application and award process.
- Assist with general office operations and events as needed.
- Assist with fundraising campaigns, process gift receipts and acknowledgements, prepare campaign analyses and reports.
- Actively participate on Board committees as requested and on school event committees.
- Maintain prompt and regular attendance.
Requirements & Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum five years’ experience working in a full-charge accounting position with financial analysis and reporting responsibility. Experience in non-profit or educational environment preferred.
Strong experience with and working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating environment and file management system, QuickBooks Professional, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook is required. Database experience preferred. Experience with CRM, school management, e-commerce, fundraising and email marketing software is a plus.
Solid and proven understanding of double-entry accrual bookkeeping methods and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, with the ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
Candidate must demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
Candidate must possess strong time management, organizational and planning skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities, be resourceful, proactive, and seek assistance as needed.
Candidate must demonstrate strong written communication skills in the English language with a high degree of accuracy in spelling and grammar.
Candidate must demonstrate strong verbal and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Must also demonstrate a strong customer service orientation, professional demeanor, and telephone and office etiquette.
Candidate must demonstrate a high level of confidentiality, integrity, discretion, and trustworthiness; be agree to regular criminal and financial background checks, sign a non-disclosure agreement, and be bondable.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
Regularly sit, talk, hear and visually intercept visitors.
Be able to bend, stoop, and regularly open/close tall file cabinets.
Be able to occasionally lift up to 25 lbs.
Work at a desk and computer screen for extended periods of time.
Work in a traditional climate controlled office environment.
For full consideration, please send resume with cover letter to email@example.com.