Equest, a Dallas-based 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization, is looking for dedicated professionals from a variety of fields to apply their expertise to our volunteer board of directors. Your participation will have a profound impact as you help govern and represent our organization and shape strategic directions to support Equest's mission to enhance the quality of life for children and adults with diverse needs by partnering with horses to bring hope and healing through equine-assisted activities and therapies.
We are seeking qualified individuals who have strong leadership skills, a commitment to best-practice nonprofit board governance, and a passion for improving the lives of our clients. Equest values diversity and is committed to having a diverse board and staff that reflect the communities that Equest serves and encourages qualified applicants that will balance our ranks in regard to gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, and veteran status.
- Commit to serve a 3-year term as a member of the board of directors (can serve 2 consecutive terms)
- Attend and actively participate in at least 7 of the regular board meetings (monthly board meetings, approximately 2 hours in length)
- Serve on at least 1 standing committee or special project committee
- Understand and promote the organization’s mission and prioritize the best interests of the organization
- Define, monitor, and evaluate the organization’s short and long term strategic plans
- Be familiar with the organization’s programs, policies and operations
- Make an annual contribution or solicit a contribution to the organization
- Participate in fundraising activities and special events
- Strictly adhere to conflict of interest and confidentiality policies
- Provide fiscal oversight
- Recruit, orient, and develop new board members