The Family Advocate is responsible for case management and family advocacy. This includes developing community linkages, providing social service referrals and other support services to Early Head Start children and their families. In partnership with EHS staff, this person advocates for the family and provides case management to ensure the delivery of needed services. Case management services for children and families in the Early Head Start program includes maintaining regular ongoing contact with parents through home visits, conducting outreach, following up on service plans, providing support to families and monitoring their progress towards goals.
Coordinate and collaborate with Early Head Start staff to effectively respond to families’ needs
• Providing crisis intervention and referral
• Collaborate with school counselors/community liaisons and teen parent coordinators in DISD to meet and coordinate the needs and services for pregnant and parenting teens
• Promote active parent involvement in the total Early Head Start program. Collaborate with Parent Educators and home-based parents to incorporate goals for participation in home-based services into the Family Partnership Agreement
• Develop transition plans with families six months prior to a child’s third birthday, coordinate transition activities in partnership with Early Childhood Intervention (ECI), as appropriate, and assist in all transition activities collaborating with Early Head Start staff and/or community agencies, as needed.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish), required;
• Credential or certification in social work, human services, family services, counseling, or a related field or willingness to obtain within eighteen months of hire;
• Experience and willingness to provide services to culturally diverse communities/families;
• Ability to relate tactfully, confidently, sensitively, and non‐judgmentally with parents, staff, and community partners;
• Head Start experience a plus;
• Knowledge of community resources and ability to link families with appropriate agencies and services;
• Respect for cultural, ethnic and linguistic diversity;
• Skill in communicating with and motivating people;
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org