The Education & Community Engagement Coordinator supports the implementation and evaluation of AT&T Performing Arts Center’s education and community engagement programs and promotes the Center’s commitment to inclusion as its ambassador in the community.
- Coordinates the ongoing execution of the Center’s new community arts program, designed to bring meaningful cultural experiences into communities, while also connecting those communities to world-class performances on the Center’s campus
- Manages requests for Community Partners, the Center’s ticket access program
- Provides administrative assistance for all other education and community engagement programs
- Tracks metrics for all programs
- Assists with logistics for special community events and campus activations
- Creates and collates materials for meetings, presentations and events
- Additional tasks as assigned
Education and Experience Preferences:
Bachelor’s Degree in a performing arts or related field. A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in the field of arts education and community development. Nonprofit experience preferred.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines to ensure seamless day-to-day operations of education and community programs.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse populations and a variety of community stakeholders and audiences.
- Spanish language skills strongly preferred.
- Requires exceptional writing and research abilities.
- Flexible schedule, works on programs outside regular business days and hours.
Ability to lift and carry up to 35 lbs. - frequent preparation and moving of materials with limited assistance. Attend performances, required meetings and special events during evenings and weekends.
Valid driver’s license and properly insured vehicle available for use on the job or other forms of consistent transportation for off-campus responsibilities. Applicants must be available to work evening and weekend events.
AT&T Performing Arts Center is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the belief that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity.
For immediate consideration, send cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
ABOUT THE AT&T PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
The AT&T Performing Arts Center is a nonprofit foundation that operates and programs a 10-acre campus comprised of three premier performance venues and a park in downtown Dallas. Audiences enjoy the best and most recent from Broadway and off-Broadway; the finest dance companies from across the globe co-presented with TITAS Presents; and top concerts, performers and cutting-edge speakers. Thousands of students explore and more deeply experience the arts through the Center’s education program, Open Stages. The Center also offers free programming for audiences from every part of the community.
The Center’s mission is to provide a public gathering place that strengthens community and fosters creativity through the presentation of performing arts and arts education programs.
The Center’s culture is to focus on the values that guide its people's actions. The Center’s Core Values are to passionately pursue our mission by being:
- Achievement Focused - Committed to the advancement and cultivation of the Performing Arts in Dallas
- Community Minded - Actively fostering and participating in meaningful community interactions
- Customer Service Driven - Dedicated to the service of internal and external constituents so that all want to return
- Flexible - Willing to change to achieve results
The Center’s five resident companies are among the city’s leading arts institutions: Anita N. Martinez Ballet Folklorico, Dallas Black Dance Theatre, The Dallas Opera, Dallas Theater Center and Texas Ballet Theater.
Designed by internationally acclaimed architects, the Center’s campus includes the Margot and Bill Winspear Opera House, Dee and Charles Wyly Theatre, Annette Strauss Square, and Elaine D. and Charles A. Sammons Park are some of the finest performance venues in the world.
For more information about the AT&T Performing Arts Center and to purchase tickets, become a member, or make a donation, visit www.attpac.org.