The Bilingual Case Manager Coach will provide a comprehensive assessment of clients requesting social service assistance. The duties involves interviewing clients to identify challenges, providing financial coaching, and assessing needs. The position requires advocacy and collaboration with clients, service providers and agencies. The Bilingual Case Manager Coach designs, recommends, implements, and evaluates strategies that help move families out of poverty using a bundled approach (Working Family Success) and engages, monitors, and coaches clients using techniques that will lead to the client’s financial success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Schedule and conduct individual (virtual/in-person) client appointments using motivational interview techniques in determine clients’ housing options and needs based on crisis
· Develop a client service plan which is client focused as well as guided towards self-sufficiency
· Complete the eligibility assessment of all families and individuals applying to housing support programs and verifies all documentation related to client’s eligibility for homelessness prevention assistance
· Prepare and submit all housing related payment documents for client program participants.
· Maintain accurate and confidential records on each client for assigned case load as well as entering all client information into appropriate program database
· Maintain program policies and guidelines for all clients
· Maintain open communication with other program staff including Financial and Workforce Department
· Set high standards for professional, technical, personal conduct and competence in multiple software applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Database entry)
Education, Experience, & Competencies:
· Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field
· Minimum two years of experience working with matters related to housing instability and case management for homeless families and those at risk for homelessness
· Knowledge of the barriers facing families/individuals experiencing housing instability or homelessness (including family dynamics, legalization statues, employment/financial instability, mental illness and substance abuse)
· Knowledge and effective execution of de-escalation techniques and conflict resolution
· Knowledge of Salesforce, HMIS or related client management databases (preferred)
· Ability to work with a diverse client base and a multi-disciplinary team
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public
· Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills with ability to perform duties with minimal supervision if necessary
Equal Employment Opportunity
Metrocrest Services provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
You’ll love working here because we...
· Have a warm, caring work environment and culture.
· Communicate and collaborate as a team.
· Are passionate about our team members and those we serve.
· Have a leadership team that wants to do the right thing and is open to new ideas.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com