Hope Cottage has been building families through education, counseling and adoption services since 1918.
We have an opportunity for a Spanish speaking Adoption Education Counselor to develop and maintain community referral sources to raise awareness of Hope Cottage services available to pregnancy clients. This position presents Adoption Education information to prospective clients, hospital staff and other organizations who serve pregnant women.
This position is critical in ensuring that expectant parents have the opportunity to explore whether adoption is an option for them and regardless of their decision, supports them in giving their children the best possible start in life.
The ideal candidate will be an advocate for adoption and someone who wants to make a positive impact on the future of all members of the adoption triad.
- Plans and implements effective outreach to raise awareness of Hope Cottage services
- Provides training eligible for CEU’s and CNE’s to social workers and nurses and prepares them to respond to inquiries about adoption
- Counsels Spanish speaking clients about options for adoption when this is the best outcome for their newborn
- Evaluates clients’ needs and creates service plans to address those needs
- Supports clients throughout the adoption process, ensuring they understand regulatory licensing requirements, and facilitates relinquishments
- Manages a small caseload of Spanish speaking clients
- Conducts post placement counseling for birth mothers
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s in Social Work or related social services field from an accredited university required, Master’s degree preferred
- At least 1 year’s case management experience, preference for previous child placing agency experience
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Confidence and skills to present both in person and through Zoom or other virtual venues
- Organizational skills to maintain calendar of scheduled trainings
- Accuracy in documentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter who works independently and in a team environment
- Flexibility to meet clients where they are and to offer non-coercive guidance
- Good listening skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams
Hope Cottage provides health and wellness and voluntary benefits, including dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, generous PTO (paid time off) and an IRA. Hope Cottage is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Hope Cottage would love to hear from you. Please send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.