The Associate Head will work in close partnership with the Head of School to advance the school’s mission and achieve educational and operational goals. He or she will report directly to the Head of School and will have primary management responsibility (assisted by other members of the administration) for the school during the Head’s absence. The Associate Head also will represent the Head of School as needed at meetings or functions within and outside the Winston community. In consultation with the Head and other key administrators, the Associate Head will set the direction for school philosophy, long-term planning, curricular design and strategic initiatives. The Associate Head of School is a kindergarten to grade 12 school administrator and serves as the counsel and collaborator with the Head of School.
For more detailed information about this position, please contact Rebbie Evans, Head of School.
- Master’s Degree (minimum) in a related field that supports the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Demonstrate significant school leadership experience as well as an understanding of the history and culture of The Winston School.
- Experience in budget allocation and making informed financial decisions.
- Specialization in faculty recruitment and development.
- Ability to recognize and express the long-term benefits of the School’s mission and the distinctive value of The Winston School.
- A passion and understanding for independent schools.
- Prior classroom and broad school community-wide experience is essential
- Four to eight years of organizational, management, administrative and public speaking experience.
- Genuine sense of humor and infectious optimism, integrity and a love of teaching and learning.
- Collaborative point of view; able to warmly end enthusiastically partner with students, faculty and parents.
- Ability to write and deliver speeches and articles for publication.
- Interest in and familiarity with educational journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries from students, parents, faculty or other colleagues and to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Flexibility; ability to act quickly and make important high level decisions in a variety of circumstances.
Please submit your resume to Janet Mottram at email@example.com