Rooted in the guiding principles of President George W. Bush and Mrs. Laura Bush, the George W. Bush Presidential Center engages communities in the United States and around the world by cultivating leaders and advancing policies to solve today’s most pressing challenges. The Bush Center is home to the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum, which is operated by the National Archives and Records Administration, and the George W. Bush Institute, the non-partisan, public-policy arm of the Bush Center. The Bush Center is located on the campus of SMU in Dallas, Texas, and also includes a 15-acre park, a full-service restaurant, Café 43, and a museum store.
Housed within the George W. Bush Presidential Center, the George W. Bush Institute is an action-oriented, nonpartisan policy organization with the mission of cultivating leaders and advancing policies to solve today’s most pressing challenges. It raises current and thought-provoking issues and builds programs to address the challenges facing our nation and our world. The work of the Bush Institute is inspired by the principles that guided the Bushes in public life: education is the foundation of a successful life; freedom is a universal human desire; free enterprise is the engine of economic prosperity; and every human life is precious.
The Associate of Data Operations performs a variety of basic to complex data driven tasks and projects to include fulfilling direct customer service related needs using Raiser’s Edge (RE), ticketing application, NetCommunity and other related applications as needed. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain constituent records in RE in accordance with established Bush Center standards.
- Perform routine and adhoc data audits and database maintenance tasks to maintain the integrity of the data.
- Create and update process documentation for database task and functions IAW departmental procedures.
- Build standard to complex queries, exports and reports to fulfill customer requests
- Process event registrations using Blackbaud’s NetCommunity platform.
- Provide exceptional and expedient customer service to internal and external customers.
- Serve as liaison for constituent records and database questions.
- Build pages, parts, and/or forms for use within Blackbaud’s NetCommunity platform.
- Provide assistance for special projects and general office support for the Bush Center as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The qualified candidate will possess (a/an):
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of work experience within a non-profit desired.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other CRM database strongly preferred.
- Commitment to the vision and mission of the George W. Bush Presidential Center.
- Technical proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Office applications.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will demonstrate (a/an):
- Superb attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit stationary at a desk and use computer equipment.
Position: Associate, Data Operations (Database)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director, Operations
Division: Data Operations