WHO WE ARE
The University of Dallas (UD) is a Catholic liberal arts university known for its excellence in academics. We have consistently ranked as one of the top regional universities in the country, holding a place on both U.S. News & World Report’s list of the Best Regional Universities (West) and Forbes’ Best Value Colleges. We are dedicated and guided by our Mission and thrive on professional development, a family-oriented environment, our rich traditions and exceptional employee benefits.
UD is currently seeking an Assistant Vice President for Development who will design and implement short- and long-term fundraising plans and budgets in order to support UD’s strategic goals. This position will apply key principles and implement best practices of higher education advancement to UD fundraising planning and programs. Additionally, the Assistant Vice President will hire, organize, supervise, and manage the development staff as they organize and execute these programs.
The primary responsibility of the Assistant Vice President is to increase philanthropic cash flow to the University.
- Create and implement short- and long-term strategies to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward prospects and current donors for annual restricted and unrestricted support.
- Maintain a personal portfolio of leadership donors with specific goals and objectives. Model behavior and performance for major gift officers.
- Increase philanthropic cash flow to the University mentoring and managing a team of annual and major gift officers, holding them accountable to metrics regarding visits, asks, and closures with a focus on developing a strong pipeline of giving for the University.
- Establish strong working relationships with the Provost office, faculty, finance and business staff members to cultivate and maintain effective management and stewardship of philanthropic revenue.
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, coaches and activity moderators to understand clearly the day-to-day realities and needs of the UD community. Interact with students, particularly with student leaders, to develop a clear understanding of the immediate beneficiaries of a donor’s generosity.
- Maintain fundraising schedules and objectives; ensure that plans are implemented, goals are achieved, timely reports are generated and information shared; ensure that fundraising is done in the most efficient and cost-effective way.
- Communicate to staff, external constituents and supporters throughout the country the overall need, purpose, and goals of fundraising for UD.
- Stay abreast of philanthropic, economic, social and educational trends related to fundraising; ensure that staff members are informed of changes in legislation and other trends and initiatives that might impact giving.
- Strategically manage travel and expense budget for the major gifts team by person.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Seven years of development experience.
- Demonstrated record of successful major gift fundraising.
- Advanced degree.
- Experience working in higher education and/or foundations and sponsored research.
- Experience managing a team of major gift officers.
- Experience fundraising in the State of Texas, particularly in the DFW area.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge.
- This position will require travel, typically within the state of Texas, overnight in addition to weekend work.
UD provides competitive pay and benefits, including eligibility to participate in medical, dental, life and disability insurance; employee events; a health and wellness program; a free fitness center; competitive leave programs; free tuition for employees and their families; and matching retirement plan contributions.
The University of Dallas seeks to recruit, develop, and retain faculty, staff and administration of the highest caliber.
The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and encourages applications from female and minority candidates and others who will enhance our community and advance our Mission.
If this sounds like the job for you, apply online at: https://hr.udallas.edu/apply/