The Assistant Director of Parish Plus, Communications is a full time, 12-month position with responsibility to communicate and promote Auxiliary programming to internal and external audiences. Parish Plus is the soon to be rebranded Parish Auxiliary Programs and includes a large variety of programs reaching both internal and external audiences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Improve visibility, enhance reputation and revenue of all auxiliary programs.
- Act as webmaster for all auxiliary program website pages.
- Responsible for all marketing campaign design and implementation.
- Create program catalogs, flyers and other marketing pieces. Hire and supervise any outside contractors for these projects.
- Determine and implement marketing needs for all auxiliary programs, including all advertisements, fairs, social media and signage.
- Design periodic communications to families participating in programs.
- Liaison with Communications Department.
- Approve all marketing efforts by vendors or teachers. Educate and monitor vendors and teachers related to social media and co-marketing possibilities.
- Survey and communicate results on periodic basis in order to advise on store merchandise and program offerings.
- Responsible for SEO, PPC, blogs, and all other online website enhancing opportunities.
- Responsible for program presence on social media platforms.
- Oversee photography/videography.
- Collaborate with program managers to create special events to highlight auxiliary programs, such as recitals and theatre productions and work with team to implement.
- Collaborate with program managers to research program opportunities with marketability to our audiences.
- Supervise Parish Plus Communications Manager
MARGINAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Marginal duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
- Attends Staff Development Meetings as needed
- Attends Parish Plus Team Meetings
- Attends School Functions as needed
- Attends Chapel
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of three to five years of experience in similar role required.
- Computer proficiency, including MS Word, MS Excel, WordPress website maintenance, collaboration software and graphic design tools such as Illustrator and InDesign.
- Ability to use basic office equipment
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Discretion and mature judgment in handling sensitive and confidential information
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills to effectively and professionally communicate with the outside vendors, the entire school community, including a wide variety of school constituents
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timely manner
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently
- Must be able to switch between unrelated tasks seamlessly and quickly in order to keep up with daily required tasks
- Contribute positively to employee moral; maintain a positive, pleasant demeanor to all constituencies
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility in a dynamic environment
- Well organized and able to manage details efficiently
- High energy level paired with an accompanying sense of urgency
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to deal effectively with a wide range of constituents
- An accessible and approachable people person with a good sense of humor
- Self-confident and secure in one’s achievements without seeking or requiring recognition
- Responds well to criticism and deals successfully with challenging people and circumstances
- Ability to work both independently and with supervision
- Comfortable with driving in the Dallas area to run errands on behalf of the school
- Must be able to meet the physical and mental requirements
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org