Summary: This position is responsible for managing the donor relation process, donor database and annual giving campaigns. The Manager ensures timeliness and quality for the daily administration, organization and dissemination of donor relations and stewardship materials for the Humane Society of North Texas (“HSNT”). Also responsible for managing HSNT major special events.
Qualifications: Two or more years’ experience in donor relations, or related field. One year experience working in development preferred.
- Supervise Donor Relations Coordinator to ensure gift acknowledgment letters, prospect tracking, database, mailings, reports and donor communications are accurate and timely
- Track and prepare regular reports to review progress toward goals, identify areas of concern, and revise strategies as needed
- Develop, manage and maintain excellent relationships with supporters and prospective supporters, including acting as a point of escalation from within the team in dealing with more complex queries
- Manage HSNT Fundraising Campaigns including online fundraising, direct mail, and vehicle donation program
- Manage HSNT special events (Gala, Dog Walk, & Giving Days). Responsibilities include managing budget, securing sponsorships, overseeing committees, ticket/table sales, and event planning.
- Works with Director of Development to create solicitation and year-round engagement to retain current and attract new donors in order to raise more revenue
- Conduct research on individual donor contacts to assist in the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of current or potential donors
- Works with Accounting Manager to reconcile monthly financials
- Works with Director of Communications to develop a philanthropic communications plan for all communications channels (i.e. direct mail campaigns, special events, & targeted solicitations)
To apply please email cover letter, salary requirement, and resume to email@example.com