The AmeriCorps Girl Scout Program Facilitator will assist Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas (GSNETX) in the organization, delivery, implementation and assessment of The Girl Scout Leadership Experience in school and community troops to build courage, confidence, and character in girls in grades K-12 through in-school and after-school programs in collaboration with local schools, nonprofit or community organizations, GSNETX Service Center and Service Units and at council hosted events and workshops. Orientation is on September 1st.
COVID 19 – in the wake of the pandemic the service of AmeriCorps members may shift to a more virtual experience to include virtual programming and curriculum planning and development.
We are looking for members as diverse as the community we serve and with the following eligibility requirements:
AmeriCorps Girl Scout Program Facilitator - Dallas Area
- Must be a US citizen or legal permanent resident and authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have a high school diploma or be willing to earn one while serving (undergraduate degree strongly preferred).
- AmeriCorps Members will have access to students age 17 or younger, thus a National Service Criminal History Check is required. Must complete and pass a criminal background check.
- Able to commit to completing 900 hours of half time service over 9 months with a living allowance of $9,000.00; or 675 hours of reduced half time service over 11 months with a living allowance of $6,750.00.
- AmeriCorps members will be eligible for an education award upon successful completion of service with a satisfactory performance evaluation.
Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas programs are available to all girls, without regard to race, color, origin, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, or religion.
If you have any questions regarding your eligibility, contact your GSNETX recruiter or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For a more detailed position description and to apply, please see the link below.