Readers 2 Leaders is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization committed to helping all children in Dallas read at or above grade level. Our mission is to develop and grow the reading skills of underserved Dallas children ages 3-12 so that they succeed in school and graduate prepared to live productive lives.
We recognize that students who don't read on grade level by third grade are four times less likely to graduate high school, and we work to help all our students beat the odds. We operate Booktown, home of our flagship After-School Program and community lending library. We also provide in- and after-school reading tutoring within Dallas ISD and charter school networks.
After-School Site Coordinator and Volunteer Coordinator Position
This position will be responsible for managing the After-School Program at one of our Team Read sites as well as recruiting, training, and managing all volunteers for R2L. The ideal candidate has experience teaching early literacy as well as managing a team of staff and/or volunteers. The employee will: manage and oversee the daily operations of an assigned After-School Program site serving elementary age students. Collect and monitor all program data and documentation. Ensure program is meeting the elements and indicators of a high quality afterschool program, as specified in the Dallas Afterschool evaluation process using AQuA (Afterschool Quality Advancement). The employee will also recruit, train, and coordinate volunteers. R2L relies on volunteers who make a weekly commitment to reading with children at our In-School, After-School, and Summer Camp programs.
Site Coordinator Duties:
• Plan, manage, and oversee the daily operations of an assigned After-School Program site serving elementary age students.
• Monitor and supervise program staff to ensure the expectations and responsibilities of their position are being met.
• Manage documentation and student data for assessment scores, attendance, demographic information, outcome measures, and survey results.
• Prepare monthly performance data reports documenting students’ progress for school staff and parents.
• Analyze data and monitor students’ progress. Use the information to assist Instructors with adjusting teaching strategies.
• Monitor program effectiveness. Ensure program is meeting the elements and indicators of a high quality afterschool program, as specified in the Dallas Afterschool evaluation process using AQuA (Afterschool Quality Advancement). Develop improvement plans for indicators not yet met.
• Develop and schedule program activities, with assistance from program staff.
• Assist Program Director with recruiting and enrolling student participants.
• Serve as liaison with schools regarding students’ performance and program effectiveness.
• Communicate with parents regarding their child’s performance and program updates. Create monthly program newsletters.
• Manage student behavior by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
• Provide a safe and nurturing learning environment for all students.
Volunteer Coordinator Duties:
• Recruit volunteers from the greater DFW community by attending volunteer fairs and events, as well as networking with community groups, universities, and other organizations. R2L counts upon the support of more than 200 volunteer Reading Buddies throughout the year.
• Communicate with prospective volunteers and assist them in completing the application process.
• Provide training to volunteers in our literacy tutoring methodology and assist them in providing instruction as well as a caring adult presence in the child’s life.
• Work to place volunteers at in-school, after-school, and summer camp sites. Work with volunteers to identify the appropriate site and schedule.
• Assign and oversee volunteer duties. Maintain regular communication with volunteers with regard to availability and tasks. Visit sites as needed to provide continued training and support.
• Manage the volunteer database, including coordinating with other staff to track hours.
• Build relationships with volunteers to ensure they are having a positive experience and help them plug into other aspects of R2L’s work as appropriate.
• Work with the development team to recruit and manage one-time volunteer groups from corporate and community partners.
All other duties as assigned by Executive Director and Program Director.
Salary range: $40,000-$42,000
Full medical benefits paid by employer
25 days of paid time off per calendar year
How to apply
Send resume and cover letter as PDF attachments to email@example.com.