Job Title: Advancement Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Chief Advancement Officer
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, full-time, contract through May 2020
Position Summary: This position will provide support to the Advancement Office including the development, admissions and marketing and communications departments. Serving as the primary receptionist for the Executive Office, this position is responsible for maintaining a professional and welcoming environment while being perceptive and disciplined. Reporting directly to the Chief Advancement Officer, this position will manage the front desk, provide administrative support to the advancement team, and provide database management support.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong initiative and customer service orientation
- Project management, organizational and prioritizing skills; problem solving and organizational skills; attention to detail is imperative
- Demonstrated high energy level and flexibility, pleasant persona coupled with sound judgment; flexible, discreet and able to maintain confidential information, knowledge of correct protocol for specific situations
- Works well independently and collaboratively under tight deadlines, on several projects concurrently, and possess excellent communication, organizational and creative thinking skills
- Software proficiency in database management (Raiser’s Edge), Microsoft Office and Google email.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Business related field preferred. Professional/Corporate business experience of 3-5 years.
Communication Ability: Communicate clearly in written and oral expression; ability to relate effectively with school personnel, parents, students, and community groups and individuals.
Reasoning Ability: Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of school management software; and basic office software along with software proficiency in database management (Raiser’s Edge), Microsoft Office and Google email.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Advancement Administrative Support:
- Acknowledge donations and event ticket purchases weekly through thank you letter process
- Process all donation tax receipts
- Process all mail and donations to ensure proper entry
- Process all invoices and expense reports
- Process check requests
- Order office supplies
- Assist with scheduling for the Chief Advancement Officer
- Maintain the Advancement Team calendar
- Serve as a collaborative member of the Advancement team
- Assist with special events as needed
- Flexibility to work evening and weekend hours as required
Database Management Requirements:
- Conduct data entry, pull reports, pull mailing lists, and ensure data integrity
- Enter payroll deductions for employees bi-weekly into Raiser’s Edge
- Update Raisers Edge with Alumni updates
- Update MailChimp email lists
- Update Facebook Parent groups
- Update RenWeb database
Front Desk Requirements:
- Create a welcoming, positive, people-oriented atmosphere that is both comfortable and professional
- Provide outstanding customer service in-person, through written communication, and on the telephone to the entire Legacy community
- Prepare office prior to open and close each business day, such that the office maintains a neat and orderly appearance
- Manage visitor access to campus
- Provide front desk coverage as needed for other functions
- Maintain confidentiality with all conversations, files, records, and materials according to school policy and state and federal law
CORE VALUES: Legacy Christian Academy affirms these essential beliefs and strives to honor and uphold them in all aspects of school life.
Pursuit of Truth. We affirm “all truth is God’s truth” through a liberal arts education that fosters a love for learning and a desire for wisdom. (John 8:32: and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free)
Primacy of Scripture. We teach all subjects from a biblical worldview and we apply the truth and authority of biblical principles in all situations. (2 Timothy 3:16-17: All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.)
Imago Dei. We respect all people as individuals created in the image of God and we celebrate the diversity of gifts and callings. (Genesis 1:26: Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness.)
Covenant relationships. We build relationships that foster mutual support, respect, and a commitment to promote the welfare of others. (Philippians 2:3-4: Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others
Discipleship. We, as Christ-followers, are committed to a life of virtue and acting as agents in God’s plan of restoration. (Matthew 16:24: Then Jesus told his disciples, if anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.)
Servant-leadership. We provide opportunities to serve one another, our community, and our world. (Matthew 20:26-28: But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be your slave, even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.)
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the competencies as noted in Essential Duties and Responsibilities. Student/Staff Support - Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly and solicits feedback to improve support. Dependability - Commits to doing the best job possible. Follows instruction. Keeps commitments. Meets attendance and punctuality guidelines. Responds to requests for service and assistance. Takes responsibility for own actions. Planning & Organization - Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner. Use of Technology - Adapts to new technologies. Demonstrates required skills. Keeps technical skills up to date. Troubleshoots technological problems. Uses technology to increase productivity.
- acknowledge Christ as Savior and support the school’s Core Values, Statement of Faith, Lifestyle Statement, and Moral Integrity Statement;
- be a Christian role model in attitude, speech, and actions towards others. This includes being committed to God’s Biblical standards for sexual conduct (Luke 6:40).
- possess evidence of competence in area of instruction, or other adequate preparation, background, or experience as determined by the school administrator;
- have a working knowledge of and follow LCA’s Employee Handbook, Parent & Student Handbook.
- sign and live by the school’s Lifestyle Statement and Moral Integrity Statement as a condition for employment and continued employment in this ministry;
- maintain confidentiality in the operation of the classroom and the school;
- refrain from unwholesome talk, including profanity, slang (language widely used and accepted, but not appropriate for godliness) or jokes that may be offensive;
- place his/her school ministry ahead of other jobs or volunteer activities; and
- maintain a personal appearance that models cleanliness, modesty, and good taste consistent with school policy.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision and Depth perception. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; stand for long periods of time; climb stairs; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
This Job Description does not alter the “at-will” nature of employment. All employees of LCA are employed by LCA on an “at will” basis, which means that Employees have the right to terminate their employment at any time, with or without cause and with or without notice, and LCA has the same rights. Nothing contained in this job description or in any other materials or information distributed by LCA alters that at-will relationship. An employee’s status as an “at-will” employee may not be changed, except specifically in writing, signed by the Head of School.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.Primary Location Staff Salary Range $15.00 - $15.00 / Per Hour Shift Type Contract