Admissions Director – Full Time Position
Key School’s mission is to help students with learning differences develop strengths and reach their academic and social potential through small classes and individual tailored instruction.
The Admissions Director oversees all aspects of admissions, recruitment and financial aid and will direct the admissions process from inquiry to enrollment. The Director will lead a collaborative effort to develop and implement both short-term and long-term recruitment strategies to ensure Key School meets enrollment objectives.
The ideal candidate will be a data driven decision maker, an experienced admission and financial aid professional, and a creative leader in admission, recruitment, and retention.
The Director should be a team player who has a warm collaborative nature, positive energy, sense of humor, possess superior organization and prioritization skills and is self-motivated in the completion of his/her work. He/she will have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills including outstanding writing and public speaking skills and the ability to interact comfortably with a variety of people. This person will give genuine empathy for prospective families and an awareness of the needs and sensitivities of parents, students, faculty, staff and administrators and ultimately be able to manage expectations and deliver admissions decisions in a manner that is honest, caring, and diplomatic.
These tasks are illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is related or a logical assignment position.
- Represent Key School and serve as the face of the school to the school and broader community and with prospective families while communicating the mission.
- Engage and inform prospective parents and students about Key School and the benefits of a Key School education on an individual, small, and large group basis.
- Inspire the community to actively participate in admissions events including individual and group tours, curricular information sessions, parent to parent connections, and individual family conversations.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with area educational constituencies including area schools, preschools, consultants, admissions directors, and organizations and create networking opportunities.
- Lead and develop a communications plan with prospective families to move them from inquiry to enrollment.
- Work closely with the marketing director regarding the development of admissions materials, events, and marketing practices.
- Coordinate systematic and efficient handling of applications and communications with parents of student applicants so that the process supports and honors the student and their family.
- Maintain appropriate admissions statistics and evaluate to monitor the effectiveness of the admissions process.
- In conjunction with the Key School Director and Assistant Director, develop and evaluate the screening process for both mission appropriateness and academic readiness.
- In conjunction with the Key School Director and Assistant Director, evaluate applicants for admission.
- In conjunction with the Key School Director and Assistant Director, develop tools and programs to assist in new student assimilation.
- Develop a detailed one to three year marketing plan with the Marketing and Development director to target, nurture, enroll, and keep mission appropriate students.
- Manage parent and student expectations and deliver admissions decisions in a manner that is honest, caring, and diplomatic.
- Manage and support the financial aid process and participating policy decisions, messaging/communications, and award review meetings.
- Lead retention efforts with Key School Director and Assistant Director.
- Assist with development events and activities as needed.
- Manage the admissions budget.
- All other duties as assigned by the Key School Director.
Education and Experience
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3+ years of staff supervisory and budgetary management experience required.
Please submit resume to Kerri Benson, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org