Reports to: Director of Development
Location: Dallas Arts District
As a member of the development team, this position will support the Board of Directors and the Development department in their efforts to raise new funds for the AT&T Performing Arts Center. The ideal candidate understands the basic concepts of fundraising and must be a detail-orientated, highly-organized team player. He or she should possess strong writing skills, the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and feel confident interacting professionally with high-level Board members and donors
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Maintain and track gift processing and fundraising progress by utilizing the Tessitura database. Log and record gift pledges and receivables. Produce contribution reports. Administer payment reminders and acknowledgement communication.
- Schedule and provide administrative support for development meetings, including taking minutes and prepping materials.
- Help compile collateral materials and proposals for fundraising solicitations.
- Organize all development correspondence into appropriate donor files.
- Interact with high-profile donors with professionalism and discretion.
- Conduct donor research.
- Help coordinate and execute benefit fulfillment, including special events
- Create Board Meeting agendas and meeting packets, working with Chair, CEO and staff committee liaisons
- Assist in preparation of remarks for Board Chair
- Coordinate quarterly Board meetings, audiovisual needs and catering. Take minutes for Board and Executive meetings.
- Prepare PPT (with input from staff committee liaisons) and create “At the Center” video slideshow for meetings
- Monitor terms and reelection process
- Coordinate recruitment process for new Directors, including creating informational packets and scheduling cultivation meetings with candidates.
- Plan and facilitate New Director Orientation in fall
- Preside as steward of bylaws and ensure compliancy
- Monitor Board e-mail account. Send meeting reminders and announcements.
- Maintain contact information for Board members. Disseminate changes and update records as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree with one to three years of experience in development and/or nonprofit field
- Strong writing and verbal skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Knowledge of Tessitura or similar CRM database
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to multitask and perform well under pressure
- Able to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Flexible schedule, including some nights, weekends and holidays
AT&T Performing Arts Center is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the belief that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity.
For immediate consideration, send cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Mail: Human Resources
AT&T Performing Arts Center
700 North Pearl Street, Suite N1800
Dallas, TX 75201