Reports to: Director of Development
Location: Dallas Arts District
As a member of the development team, this position will support the Board of Directors and the Development department in their efforts to raise new funds for the AT&T Performing Arts Center. The ideal candidate understands the basic concepts of fundraising and must be a detail-orientated, highly-organized team player. He or she should possess strong writing skills, the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and feel confident interacting professionally with high-level Board members and donors.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Create Board Meeting agendas and meeting packets, working with Chair, CEO and staff committee liaisons
- Coordinate quarterly Board and Executive Community meetings, audiovisual needs, PowerPoint presentations, leadership remarks and catering.
- Monitor terms and reelection process
- Preside as steward of bylaws and ensure compliance
- Monitor Board e-mail account. Send meeting reminders and announcements.
- Maintain contact information for Board members. Disseminate changes and update records as needed.
- Coordinate recruitment process for new Directors, including creating informational packets and scheduling cultivation meetings with candidates.
- Plan and facilitate New Director Orientation in fall
- Maintain and track gift processing and fundraising progress by utilizing the Tessitura database. Log and record gift pledges and receivables. Produce contribution reports. Administer payment reminders and acknowledgement communication.
- Organize all development correspondence into appropriate donor files.
- Schedule and provide administrative support for development meetings, including taking minutes and prepping materials.
- Help compile collateral materials and proposals for fundraising solicitations.
- Conduct donor research.
- Help coordinate and execute benefit fulfillment, including special events
- Interact with high-profile donors with professionalism and discretion.
- Bachelor’s degree with one to three years of experience in development and/or nonprofit field
- Strong writing and verbal skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Knowledge of Tessitura or similar CRM database
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to multitask and perform well under pressure
- Able to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Flexible schedule, including some nights, weekends and holidays
AT&T Performing Arts Center is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the belief that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity.
For immediate consideration, send cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Mail: Human Resources
AT&T Performing Arts Center
700 North Pearl Street, Suite N1800
Dallas, TX 75201
ABOUT THE AT&T PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
The AT&T Performing Arts Center is a nonprofit foundation that operates and programs a 10-acre campus comprised of three premier performance venues and a park in downtown Dallas. Audiences enjoy the best and most recent from Broadway and off-Broadway; the finest dance companies from across the globe co-presented with TITAS Presents; and top concerts, performers and cutting-edge speakers. Thousands of students explore and more deeply experience the arts through the Center’s education program, Open Stages. The Center also offers free programming for audiences from every part of the community.
The Center’s mission is to provide a public gathering place that strengthens community and fosters creativity through the presentation of performing arts and arts education programs.
The Center’s culture is to focus on the values that guide its people's actions. The Center’s Core Values are to passionately pursue our mission by being:
Achievement Focused - Committed to the advancement and cultivation of the Performing Arts in Dallas
Community Minded – Actively fostering and participating in meaningful community interactions
Customer Service Driven – Dedicated to the service of internal and external constituents so that all want to return
Flexible – Willing to change to achieve results
The Center’s five resident companies are among the city’s leading arts institutions: Anita N. Martinez Ballet Folklorico, Dallas Black Dance Theatre, The Dallas Opera, Dallas Theater Center and Texas Ballet Theater.
Designed by internationally acclaimed architects, the Center’s campus includes the Margot and Bill Winspear Opera House, Dee and Charles Wyly Theatre, Annette Strauss Square, and Elaine D. and Charles A. Sammons Park are some of the finest performance venues in the world.