This is a full-time non-exempt position based at the Philanthropy Southwest office in Dallas. Due to the nature of this position, there is no availability for remote work. The administrative support specialist will report to the executive vice president. This position will be responsible for front office administration including but not limited to: president/CEO support, CRM support and general office assistance for the PSW team.
This position is an excellent opportunity for a detail-oriented individual who ensures the running of PSW’s office is smooth and contributes to driving sustainable growth.
Areas of Responsibility
- Front Office Administration: maintain all front office clerical responsibilities, including answering and directing phone calls, checking voicemail, checking general email accounts, preparing outgoing mailings, typing documents and correspondence and sorting and distributing incoming mail. This position is client facing and may include interactions with PSW members and volunteer leaders.
- General Administration: assist executive vice president with financial procedures for check management, including entering information into the digital check log, Salesforce and dashboard. Serve as administrator of L10 Staff meetings tracking EOS system. Create and maintain all physical and electronic filing systems.
- Scheduling Assistant: serve as scheduler for the president/CEO and other executive staff, as needed. Tasks include booking appointments and maintaining their schedule, including external communications; and providing scheduling support for the vice president of professional learning and public policy in coordinating large meetings in person and digitally. Manage all submitted expense reports for the president/CEO. Assist with scheduling and maintaining board and committee meetings via calendar and Zoom management, create travel arrangements and accommodations for staff and third parties as necessary, and provide logistical support for all PSW events as needed.
- CRM Support: maintain accurate data entry to Salesforce and maintain dashboard information regarding memberships and partnerships. Support with CVENT Abstract Management system for Annual Conference.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a fast-paced environment, with substantial experience providing executive or administrative support to senior staff.
- Ability to execute duties and responsibilities independently and with minimal supervision, think critically, synthesize information from a variety of sources, work as required, prioritize effectively and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Previous experience with Salesforce and CVENT highly desired.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, and exceptional attention to detail.
- Exceptional tact and diplomacy, the ability to gain trust of staff, board and stakeholders
- Excellent communications skills
- Outstanding writing skills, including the ability to draft clear and concise documents
- Spirit of customer service, facilitating positive and productive interactions between PSW staff, external consultants, board, members and other stakeholders.
Philanthropy Southwest (PSW) is an equal opportunity employer. PSW is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to color, race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
- To apply: Send cover letter, resume, and three writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Administrative Support Specialist.