The Administrative Assistant & Registrar position will accommodate the administrative needs of Rabbi Ross, the Director of Learning and Innovation, as well as a portion of the administrative needs of the Youth Learning + Engagement (YL+E) department of Temple Emanu-El, Dallas. This position will support programmatic aspects of YL+E, as well as administer the departmental budget and manage the department's use of the database, including all registrar functions for the religious school. The Administrative Assistant & Registrar will report directly to Rabbi Ross.
Professional Requirements and Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple responsibilities
- Customer service oriented
- Budget/financial management experience required
- Database experience preferred
- Proficient at Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Provide administrative support to Rabbi Ross, including calendar management and answering and screening incoming communications as appropriate. Provide assistance with on-going and short-term projects, as well as communication with congregants, faculty and staff as directed.
- Provide administrative support as requested for the lay leaders working to further the mission of YL+E, including the YL+E Committee and sub-committees, Youth Inclusion Initiative, and Family Engagement Working Group.
- Support financial aspects of YL+E as directed by Rabbi Ross, including creating and updating the internal budget spreadsheet, managing budget information in budget software, monitoring monthly actuals, and preparing and submitting expense statements. Manage faculty contracts and new hires and submit payroll and new hire paperwork to the Accounting Department.
- Working with Temple’s Membership Data Administrator, create, update, and maintain forms. Create Participate Event forms as directed.
- In close collaboration with Temple’s Membership Data Administrator, manage Blackbaud relational database, including creation of family records, updating of information contained in the database, and running reports and queries based on the needs of all YL+E staff.
- Administer registration process for YL+E, including academic year scheduling, class placement, class lists, directories, management of medical information, and set up of classes in the database. Notify parents and teachers of class placement information and any changes to class placement information. Work with parents to help troubleshoot any issues with registration or class placement. Work with accounting to ensure appropriate student billing, collections, and accounts payable.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Director of Learning and Innovation.