Purpose: The Administrative Assistant - Programs supports integral programs of TXWF including #BestSelf, YWI, WLI, Granting and Advocacy. While based in the Programs department, they will work on projects throughout the Foundation as needed.
- Effective Communications – Listens actively to information presented by Clearly expresses the desired outcome. Keeps all appropriate parties informed on projects, issues, and/or events.
- Detail-Oriented – Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing Compares observations or finished work to what is expected to find inconsistencies. Remains aware and takes care of details that are easy to overlook or dismiss as insignificant.
- Initiative – Proactively anticipates business needs and takes initiative to respond effectively and Anticipates and recognizes potential or realized issues/problems and quickly refers to the appropriate person or department for resolution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities listed below. The duties and responsibilities include the following, though other duties may be assigned.
- Supports TXWF programs such as #BestSelf, Young Women’s Initiative, and Women’s
- Provides assistance with mass mailings and/or
- Uses discretion and maintains confidentiality regarding non-public
- Maintains order in office environment including storage room, kitchen, and other common areas,
- Assists with other administrative tasks as needed to support the
Key Technical Skills and Knowledge:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each qualification satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Strong administrative practices
- Professional, dependable and proactive
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Comfortable with basic CRM and database systems
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills and a sense of urgency to meet deadlines
- Absolute attention to detail, even while managing multiple tasks at any one time
- Strong organizational skills and a commitment to quality
- Ability to project a professional company image with internal and external audiences whether in- person or over the phone
- Associate degree or other post-secondary education required
- At least two years of front office support experience
- Experience in nonprofit organization preferred
The physical requirements and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered by an employee performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Moderate stress level
- Moderate noise level
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Occasional standing and lifting of at least 20 pounds
- Long periods of sitting
- Occasional weekend and/or evening availability
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org