Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports To: VP Finance & Operations
Main Office: Dallas
Category: Non-Exempt; Full-time
Salary Range: $40,000-$45,000
Revision Date: February 2019
Purpose: The Administrative Assistant maintains the office environment, supplies and equipment, greets visitors, processes accounts payable and donor gifts, and provides administrative support to all departments.
- Effective Communications – Listens actively to information presented by others. Clearly expresses the desired outcome. Keeps all appropriate parties informed on projects, issues, and/or events.
- Detail-Oriented – Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks; Compares observations or finished work to what is expected to find inconsistencies; Remains aware and takes care of details that are easy to overlook or dismiss as insignificant.
- Initiative – Proactively anticipates business needs and takes initiative to respond effectively and efficiently. Anticipates and recognizes potential or realized issues/problems and quickly refers to the appropriate person or department for resolution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities listed below. The duties and responsibilities include the following, though other duties may be assigned.
- Greets visitors, records and updates voice mail greetings, monitors Texas Women’s Foundation general voice mail box for retrieval of messages
- Serves as an ambassador of the Foundation, with a demonstrated commitment to maintaining the Foundation’s positive image
- Provides administrative support to office personnel including completing expense reports for Development team members
- Assists the Information Technology Specialist in managing the donor database and ensures accuracy of contact information, mailing lists, and other records for donors, the Board and other constituents
- Provides back-up for gift entry
- Produces all donor acknowledgement letters
- Provides assistance with mass mailings and/or emails
- Uses discretion and maintains confidentiality regarding non-public matters
- Manages phone support vendors and new employee setup
- Orders and maintains adequate supplies for office, including food and drinks
- Maintains order in office environment including storage room, kitchen, and other common areas,
- Maintains all office equipment in working order and arranges for maintenance as needed
- Responsible for maintaining document storage and archive including vendor relationships supporting storage.
Key Technical Skills and Knowledge:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each qualification satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Superb administrative practices
- Professional, dependable and proactive
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and a sense of urgency – especially with deadlines
- Absolute attention to detail, even while managing multiple tasks at any one time
- Exceptional organizational skills and a commitment to quality
- Maintain a “What else can I do?” mentality
- Ability to project a professional company image with internal and external audiences whether in-person or over the phone
- Associate degree required
- At least three years of front office support experience
- Experience in nonprofit organization preferred
*Experience with Blackbaud products a plus
The physical requirements and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered by an employee performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Moderate stress level
- Moderate noise level
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Occasional standing and lifting of at least 20 pounds
- Long periods of sitting
- Occasional weekend and/or evening availability
• E-mail ONLY a cover letter and resume, including salary history to: email@example.com
• Reference "Administrative Assistant" in the Subject line
• For more information on the foundation: www.txwf.org