About The Reformation Project
As a Bible-based, Christian organization, The Reformation Project's mission is to advance LGBTQ inclusion in the church. Our vision is of a global church that honors Scripture and fully affirms LGBTQ people.
Our various programs reflect our understanding of how change happens. First, we seek to inform Christians about the biblical case for LGBTQ inclusion to show how they can fully affirm both the Bible and LGBTQ people. Next, we engage non-affirming Christians through outreach and advocacy to help them move toward LGBTQ affirmation. Finally, we reform, supporting churches as they shift their teachings and policies from non-affirming to affirming of LGBTQ Christians.
The Core Values Driving Us
Our Statement of Faith expresses our foundational beliefs in the Bible as the Word of God; God as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; and Christ’s death for our sins and resurrection from the dead. Our faith beliefs and values are the bedrock of everything we do at The Reformation Project. To do your best work with us, it is essential that you are passionately aligned with our Statement of Faith and our values:
- Love for God: We seek to honor God with everything we do, with our lives, and with our relationships. We seek to follow Jesus, worshipping him as God and emulating his life, teachings, and ministry.
- Love for the Bible: We revere the Bible as the Word of God, inspired by God and authoritative for Christian life and practice. Our love for Scripture drives us to help the church interpret and apply it as faithfully as possible when it comes to gender and sexuality.
Love for the church: We are compelled by our love for the church to help the body of Christ truly be the hands and feet of Jesus to the world. Our love for the church includes a love for fellow Christians who disagree with us theologically or are still seeking to discern their views about LGBTQ inclusion.
Additionally, we uphold monogamy and covenant, honoring the link that Scripture and the Christian tradition make between sex and lifelong commitment. We also prioritize diversity and inclusion in our work, following Jesus’s example of love and concern for people on the margins of society. We strongly encourage prospective candidates to read the values page of our website in detail before applying.
About the Role
The Administrative Assistant will support growth of The Reformation Project’s philanthropic giving by supporting the daily administrative tasks of the Development Department. This includes ensuring the proper acceptance, recording, processing, and acknowledgement of gifts, generation of regular donor data and performance reports, and the execution of The Reformation Project’s donor stewardship plan. The Administrative Assistant will also support the Executive Director and take on special projects as needed.
The Administrative Assistant will report to and work closely with the Director of Development. This role is a part-time position (20 hours/week) working from our Dallas office.
The Administrative Assistant can expect their work to include:
Gift Processing and Donor Stewardship – 50%
- Ensure smooth, easy experience for online donors
- Process all offline donations
- Ensure that all donors receive a gift and tax acknowledgment within one week
- Support the execution of The Reformation Project’s donor stewardship plan, including (but not limited to) creating Salesforce engagement plans and proactively working with the communications team to prepare and send special communications
- Assist with prospect research under the direction of the Director of Development. Ensure that Salesforce is used to track and manage prospect research
- Assist with outreach to lapsed recurring donors to reactivate them as possible
- Conduct donor data entry and monitor data for accuracy
Data Reporting and Evaluation – 20%
- Design, update, and maintain donor reports to support the Executive Director and Director of Development’s evaluation and action-planning efforts
- Support monthly revenue reconciliations
Executive Director Support – 20%
- Serve as the assistant to the Executive Director by managing calendar appointments, travel, and providing other assistance as requested
General – 10%
- Contribute positively to organizational culture and enthusiastically live out our faith beliefs and organizational values
- Support successful communications by managing and monitoring the integration between Campaign Monitor, The Reformation Project’s email marketing software, and Salesforce
- Periodic support for organization events and initiatives outside of development efforts
How You Know This is the Right Job for You
- Committed Christian who loves God, the Bible, and the church
- Passionately aligned with The Reformation Project’s values and Statement of Faith
- A professional with at least one year of experience (nonprofit experience preferred)
- Experience working in a database or CRM (Salesforce preferred)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- A born project manager able to work backward from a deadline to create a plan
- Accustomed to working on multiple projects with different deadlines simultaneously
- A reliable and friendly communicator who reaches out and follows up
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service
- A stickler for details and quality
- A caretaker of sensitive information about donors, board members, constituents, etc.
- A strong self-motivator
- This role will receive an hourly rate of $22 per hour for 20 hours of work/week
Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Administrative Assistant Application” in the subject line.