This position reports directly to the Executive Director, providing administrative support to the overall operations of Temple Emanu-El. Including responsibility for supporting the Board president, corresponding with the Board of Trustees and Executive Committee.
Professional Requirements and Skills:
- Energetic, friendly demeanor, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills, with an ability to manage multiple projects at one time Computer experience including proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and some database experience
- A team player who enjoys working cooperatively with lay leadership, congregants, and staff
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to manage deadlines, with attention to detail and effective oral and written communication skills
- Board meeting preparation- accumulation of materials and attend meetings to record minutes.
- Approve and process Temple calendar events.
- Maintain Executive Director, committee, and miscellaneous files and calendar.
- Distribute meeting notices and coordinate various committee meetings.
- Assist with supply acquisition and office equipment repair.
- Assist with telephone voice mail maintenance; review and recording messages.
- High Holy Days processing.
- Order memorial plaques, maintain appropriate files, and provide instructions to maintenance to place plaques in the memorial room.
- Assist the President with correspondence, emails, or notices.
- Update Board web portal with accurate meeting documents.
- Work with the Executive Director and President on Board Meeting agenda.
- Collaborate with Clergy Assistants on Temple matters.
- Maintain committee and miscellaneous correspondence files.
- Assist with the Temple Foundation meetings and files.
Benefits include paid vacation, sick leave, parental leave, medical, vision, dental, retirement plans, leave early for Shabbat, Life Insurance. Complimentary synagogue membership available to Jewish employees. In addition to vacation and sick leave, employees enjoy paid time off for Jewish and most secular holidays.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Personnel@tedallas.org