The Bilingual Administrative Assistant is often the first Jewish Family Service representative a client or community member speaks to or meets. Callers and/or visitors first impression of the agency is often set here. It is imperative that this employees voice on the phone be friendly, professional and welcoming while determining the callers needs and routing the phone call politely and efficiently. In addition to receptionist duties, this role provides clerical and administrative support for Medical Billing, Office Management, and many of the programs run by the agency. This position supports, promotes and furthers our goal of providing the highest standards of culturally relevant and sensitive professional service consistent with our mission
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answers telephone, greet visitors, route calls and provide general assistance to staff in Spanish or English, as needed.
- Allows access to building for clients, vendors and visitors
- Checks clients into ETO - records appointments as attended or cancelled (by client or case worker).
- Accepts cash or check payments for service and records manually on daily log sheet.
- Processes credit card payments on swipe machine.
- Performs daily closeout process at front desk.
- Schedules Food Pantry Appointments
- Manages schedules for contract doctors
- Assists Medical Billing and Records coordinator with clerical tasks including ETO data entry
- Processes New Client paperwork
- Creates general and clinical correspondence, digital and printed
- Attends onsite and offsite meetings, as required
- Performs various administrative tasks per leader’s direction
- Switchboard experience
- Bilingual, Spanish and English
- Smiling, friendly manner
- Experience in Office 365 apps (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc)
- Data entry experience
- Provide service that is of the highest standard and is culturally relevant to the clients served
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ABOUT THE AGENCY
Jewish Family Service of Greater Dallas (JFS) is a nonsectarian mental health and social services agency that impacted over 32,000 lives last year. For more than 70 years, our mission has been to provide effective, accessible, and comprehensive mental health and social services that promote lifelong self-sufficiency and well-being for the Greater Dallas community. JFS welcomes anyone through our doors regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, or the ability to pay and has more than 150 programs and services available to all in need.
We believe in nurturing passionate professionals who prioritize client health and well-being. Our team members across all departments collaborate to offer wraparound care in order to address multiple needs. Additionally, JFS is one of only six DFW agencies accredited by the Council on Accreditation, which means we continually meet the highest standards of practice in areas including governance, fiscal management, human resources management, and quality improvement.
JFS is invested in our employees. We pay 100% of our full-time employee (30 hours or more) health and dental benefits as well as life and long-term disability insurance. This position also receives 4 weeks paid vacation, sick leave, and includes American holidays and all Jewish holidays. We are willing to discuss relocation options. Come learn more about us!
To apply, please click the following link: