The AP Clerk position is a vital contributor to the Accounting team. This position is responsible for accounts payable administrative functions, including but not limited to opening mail, making deposits for all incoming payments, invoice processing, processing of any outgoing disbursements, including employee reimbursement requests, as well as investigate any discrepancies with vendors to ensure payables are processed in an accurate and timely manner in compliance with all Company, State and Federal guidelines and maintaining an organized department filing system. Additionally, the AP Clerk may be involved in specialized activities necessary to support the accounting department. This position reports to the Controller.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Open mail and make deposits on a daily basis.
- Review invoices for appropriate supporting documentation, department head approval and assigning the appropriate GL account coding prior to issuing payment using BlackBaud FE module.
- Prioritize invoices according to payment terms and any cash discount potential.
- Research any invoice discrepancies and take corrective action to resolve issues.
- Correspond with vendors and answer inquiries as needed.
- Review and process travel and expense reports, as well as, any employee reimbursements.
- Process payables for weekly scheduled check runs.
- Post journal entries and accruals at month end, including inter-company transactions and other reconciliations as needed.
- Maintains vendor files, W-9 files and issues 1099’s at year-end.
- Review and issue tax exempt certificates to vendors as requested.
- Perform other accounting duties as assigned or required by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 to 3 years AP processing experience in a multi-company environment
- General accounting knowledge and exposure to cash disbursement and related banking functions
- Experience with monthly and year-end financial closing
- Experience with Blackbaud (RE and FE) is preferred but not required
- Excellent PC skills, including strong Microsoft Office applications skills.
- Must be able to collaborate with others effectively
- Self-motivated with strong attention to detail and high level of accountability
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, time management, organizational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to multi-task and work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of individuals across multiple companies, as well as, external vendors.
Please email your resume directly to Lily Brewer, Controller at email@example.com. No calls please.
No solicitations from agencies or recruiters.