Job Description-Accounting Manager
Job Title: Accounting Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: Full-time; Monday through Friday
The accounting manager supervises the recording and reporting of Temple Shalom’s financial operations, A/P and A/R, consistent with generally accepted accounting principles, sound internal controls and financial management practices, working in collaboration with the Executive Director.
Responsible for managing property, casualty and health insurance, as well as payroll and certain personnel matters. Additionally, the Accounting Manager is responsible for the extraction and manipulation of data from an in-house member database.
Professional Requirements and Skills:
- Strong accounting and reporting skills.
- Fund accounting.
- Five years of experience required, preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Software expertise, including proficiency in Peachtree, Excel and Access.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously and manage deadlines.
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures of the organization and ensure timely, accurate reporting of financial information.
- Manage the activities of part-time members of the accounting department.
- Ensure a system of internal controls is maintained to safeguard Temple’s assets.
- Coordinate the preparation of the annual budget with the Executive Director.
- Supervise the collection of accounts receivable.
- Oversee the Temple’s retirement plan working with outside plan administrator(s).
- Coordinate independent reviews and/or audits of Temple’s financial operations.
- Manage the Temple’s property, casualty and health insurance policies.
- Ensure Temple complies with applicable reporting requirements.
- Other duties or functions as requested by the Executive Director.
- Salary $46,000 - $50,000 depending on experience
- Health insurance
- 403(b) match
- Paid vacation, sick days, and personal days