The Lumin Education Accounting Manager is responsible for supervising the accounting department personnel and functions. Works collaboratively with others to prepare and analyze financial data, reporting, analysis and annual audit. This full-time, exempt position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for annual budget preparation for organization as well as various local, state and federal funding agencies. Create, distributes and reviews monthly budget and accounting reports. Conducts report analysis for variance explanations and forecasting.
- Analyzes project expenditure reports to ensure accuracy of expense coding;
- Responsible for annual audit;
- Prepares investment analysis for endowment accounts;
- Supervises with cash management of operating accounts;
- Prepares financial reports for Board of Directors and Director meetings;
- Prepares financial models of proposed program offerings;
- Responsible for ad hoc reports and analysis, as assigned;
- Documents internal controls to comply with federal, state and local financial legal requirements by monitoring existing and new legislation; and
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Supervises accounts payable and accounts receivable personnel and any other accounting staff team members
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting;
- Skyward Business Suite knowledge strongly preferred;
- CPA (or CPA candidate) desirable, and
- Willingness to attend continuing education (to be paid for by the organization)
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn Skyward accounting software;
- Mastery of computer applications including: MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, Internet skills;
- Knowledge of TEA FASRG;
- Knowledge of governmental / non-profit / fund accounting;
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with staff, faculty, parents, board members and representatives from the community in a positive manner;
- Ability to direct others and provide constructive, courteous feedback, as required; and
- Customer-service focused and team-oriented;
- Minimum of three-five years accounting and supervisory experience;
- Experience with TEA chart of accounts and familiarity with Charter School and non-profit accounting practices, a plus; and
- Experience with Early Head Start funding and reporting requirements, a plus.