Under the direction of the Accounting Director, the Accounting & Grants Coordinator is an agency Problem Solver. Broadly speaking he or she has responsibility for some aspects related to the general accounting program, which includes but is not limited to accounts payable, ReStore reconciliations, grant administration, and maintaining the Accounting Revenue Database system.
Problem Solvers are the foundation of the agency. They efficiently handle a mountain of critical and required tasks. Problem Solvers are empowered to solve problems. They make sure important details do not slip through the cracks, are incredibly well organized, make the agency look professional and ensure excellent audits, among many other things they facilitate.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities…
He or she must:
- Exceptional display of agency Core Values
- Knowledgeable in Peachtree or accounting software equivalent
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willingness and passion to serve Habitat for Humanity and its mission
- Three-years plus experience in accounts payable
- Basic general ledger and accounting knowledge
- Grant accounting experience preferable
- OMB Uniform Guidance knowledge a plus
- Excellent record keeping skills
- Very strong organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
Position is full-time (40 hours a week) and works primarily Monday through Friday. Office hours and days are flexible but subject to supervisor approval. Evening and weekend work may be required. It is an exempt position. Conditions and benefits are contained in the board approved Employee Handbook.
Trinity Habitat expects you to succeed in your actions and outcomes according to…
- Core Values
- Strategic Plan
- Employee Handbook
- Job Description
- Operations Manual
- Job Goals
- Facilitate and support primary agency programs.
- Provide calm, confident, and positive leadership to the entire organization.
- Disseminate information readily to stake holders as appropriate.
- Submit accurate reports according to deadlines.
- When confronted with things with which you question, disagree, or have a concern, speak directly with those involved.
- Ensure that your area, office, and/or building is clean, organized, safe, and in compliance with all codes.
- Comply with grant requirements accordingly.
- Cross train with fellow staff to ensure a steady flow of business despite absences.
- Ensure government and private grants are administered according to the compliance requirements for each. Maintain all files and information pertaining to each grant.
- Ensure all accounts payable are accurate with correct coding and approval, and paid in a timely manner.
- Maintain all accounts payable files.
- Enter ReStore Daily reconciliations into Revenue Database for all stores and enter deposits into check registers for each store.
- Responsible for balancing each ReStore Bank Account on a monthly basis, per closing deadlines.
- Ensure that Revenue Database is accurate and updated in a timely manner.
- Responsible for A/P DWC Form 83 and worker’s compensation/general liability compliance for independent contractors/vendors.
- Assist with mortgage payments as needed
- And other duties as assigned.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org