Would you like to go home every day knowing you made a difference in the life of a child? If so, join the Big Brothers Big Sisters team and be an impact player making a difference in one of the most prominent agencies in the country.
Big Brothers Big Sisters has the following position available: Accounting & Grants Administrator located in Irving, TX.
Perform administrative accounting and grant financial functions, including posting financial transactions, grant billing preparation, account reconciliation, and internal statement preparation. Assist with compliance reporting, year-end audit, and budget process.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities, and Activities:
- Performs various grant financial functions such as billing, journal entries, revenue and expense reports
- Prepare monthly financial reports for internal management, along with financial reports for governmental and non-governmental granting entities
- Prepares and maintains appropriate grant billing spreadsheets and documentation such as timesheets, payroll registers, expense backups, billing packet preparation, and invoices to support grant expenses
- Assist in preparation for external audits and monitoring for grant awards
- Grant and accounting related data entry
- Prepare daily/monthly journal entries, reconcile multiple bank accounts, along with various account reconciliations
- Assists with annual accounting processes such as data collection and preparation of schedules for annual audit and processing 1099’s and appropriate IRS filings associated with 1099’s & W2G’s within guidelines
- Serves as backup for Accounts Payable Clerk when needed
- Perform other duties as necessary to meet the overall departmental requirements
Education, Experience, and Other Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred, but not required.
- 2+ years accounting and/or Non-profit Grants Administrative experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with accounting software and databases
- Thorough knowledge of accounting theory, concepts and practices
- Thorough knowledge of accounting guidelines and procedures of generally accepted accounting practices (GAAP) for non-profit entities
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills for monitoring accounting records and resolving accounting issues
- Willingness to understand BBBS mentoring programs.
- Intermediate level proficiency in Excel, MSWord, Outlook, and PowerPoint, including keyboard skills of 45 words per minute, error free
- Schedule flexibility to accommodate weekday early/evening work hours and occasional weekend hours.
Salary expectations: Low-$40Ks to Mid-$40Ks + GREAT Benefits!!!
Aside from supporting a great mission, you will enjoy great benefits including retirement (matched); medical, dental and life insurance; HSA option; flexible spending account; education reimbursement, awesome time-off and casual dress.
Please submit resume to and indicate "Accounting & Grants Administrator - Irving, TX" in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Big Brothers Big Sisters, visit our website at www.bbbstx.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/V/D
No Phone Calls Please.