Part-Time Accounting Associate. Fun, dynamic environment with great opportunities!
Kids Who Care, Inc. is a non-profit musical theatre production company with 32 years in the industry, located in the heart of Fort Worth’s Cultural District. Our team is currently looking for candidates to fill the part-time position of accounting associate.
This position is responsible for performing the following bookkeeping functions, including but not limited to: bookkeeping, budgeting, financial reporting, banking, payroll, receivables, payables, and cash management. The position reports directly to the Business Operations Director, works closely with the Development Director for grant requests and reporting, as well as other company directors for requests and reporting, and meets monthly with the Board Treasurer in preparation for each board meeting.
- Accounts receivable
- Post all cash, checks and credit card payments to customer accounts
- Execute all transactional items per the direction of the Business Operations Director, including but not limited to: prorating, credits, and refunds.
- Partner with the Business Operations Director regarding collection calls and following up on past-due payments
- Oversee AR write-offs, adjustments, payment reversals, and log journal entries to reflect in general ledger
- Accounts payable
- Review invoices and payment requests for appropriate documentation prior to processing
- Secure payment of invoices and bills in a timely manner
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately in accordance with company policy and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Perform year-end journal entries including depreciation and amortization of fixed and other assets, pre-paid expenses, and deferred revenue
- Monthly bank and credit card reconciliations
- Develop and manage annual budget of $900k
- Process bi-monthly payroll for employees, payment of employee benefits, and taxes
- Prepare and file the following forms: 1099-Misc, W-2's, quarterly and year end payroll tax returns (941 form), as well as quarterly sales tax reports and Texas Workforce Commission quarterly reporting.
- Prepare audit documentation for annual audit performed by independent auditor
- Produce weekly financial reports for staff meetings, monthly reports for board of directors’ meetings, and financial reports as needed for local, state, and federal grant requests
- Accountable for workflow and reports as requested by leadership. Ability to effectively communicate workflow to leadership.
- Participate in firm and departmental initiatives
- Assist with administrative functions as needed
Kids Who Care, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Kids Who Care, Inc. does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
3-5 years of accounting and financial experience
Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and experience with automated accounting systems. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Excel and MS Word.
Proficient in QuickBooks
Ability to work independently and experience with non-profit finances
5-10 years of accounting and financial experience
Ability to communicate and translate finances across multiple departments
Contact: Diana Simeroth, SPHR. 817-737-5437. email@example.com
For inquiries, please email Diana Simeroth, SPHR at firstname.lastname@example.org.