Recovery Resource Council, a Joint Commission Accredited, sixty-three year old non-profit, is seeking a highly motivated, effective, experienced individual to be a TEAM player in the accounting department. Our mission is to promote wellness and recovery from alcohol and substance use disorders and trauma.
Job Description overview: The successful candidate for this position will report to the Controller, ensuring all documentation meets audit standards. Additionally, will ensure all accounts on balance sheet are correct and reconciled monthly.
Must have good working knowledge of accounting functions:
- Serve as the subject matter expert on how assigned programs are handled financially including financial compliance matters, invoicing, budgeting, and reporting.
- Assist the Controller in developing management reports for assigned programs; monitor, identify, and explain material variances. Present assigned management reports to program management.
- Assist with the agency budget process and program budgets for grant applications.
- Respond to financial requests; assists with analysis, account reconciliations, projects, and audit requests as assigned.
- Ensure all entries are made into the accounting software on a timely basis. Review General Ledger and Financial Statements for accuracy of monthly postings.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the financial system to note any discrepancies.
- Ensure that documentation meets audit standards.
- Cross-train with Accounting Assistant.
- Demonstrates a self-reliant attitude toward solving problems and completing assignments.
Benefits: Recovery Resource Council takes pride in hiring people who have a passion for non-profit work. The Council offers a rich benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, 401(k), accrual of paid time off, paid holidays and Teladoc.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field or three years of relevant experience or combination thereof. Experience with government funded grants preferred. Knowledge of nonprofit accounting a plus.
Please send all resumes to Margie Hatcher @ email@example.com