REPORTS TO: CFO
LOCATION: Vogel Alcove Administration Office
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The accountant will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting functions of the organization.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining financial budgets.
- Manage checks and deposit process.
- Manage accounts payable and receivable processes.
- Coordinate with Director of Human Resources to manage bi-weekly payroll functions.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and assist in month end closing process.
- Prepare contract/grant monthly reports and billings.
- Reconcile the bank statements.
- Experience with accounting software and data entry.
- Excellent understanding of accounting rules and procedures including GAAP.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of spreadsheets.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting or other related field. CPA preferred.
- 2 years experience in accounting or related field.
- Non-profit accounting, preferred.
Vogel Alcove offers a generous benefits package, competitive salary, and a great working environment. Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.