A minimum of 5 years of fundraising experience including
demonstrated success in developing relationships with donors and
partnership engagement, preferably in a non-profit
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Communication, English,
Creative Writing, Journalism, Public Administration or related field
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Able to lift up to 30lbs., able to work part or all of a shift sitting, standing and walking, able to safely operate office machinery.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Professional business setting.
The Philanthropy Director, Partnership Engagement at Promise House is an integral leadership position on the External Affairs team that is responsible for the strategy and operational implementation of a robust Partnership engagement and marketing program focused on growing the base of philanthropic support, increasing public awareness of the Promise House mission, enhancing volunteer engagement strategy and leveraging best practices in partnership engagement to further our work. S/he plays a central role in developing and managing corporate, civic and faith partnerships, event and volunteer strategies while simultaneously coordinating them with other segments of the department's development efforts to increase corporate support of the Promise House Mission.
The Philanthropy Director, Partnership Engagement will also help elevate the Promise House brand in the hearts and minds of constituents throughout North Texas contributing to setting the direction and guiding the strategy for all internal and external communications to consistently articulate, enable and fulfill Promise House’s mission. S/he is responsible for supporting the creation of a comprehensive marketing communications plan for all activities and materials including collateral materials, public relations, digital communications and graphic design that will enhance the Promise House’s image and position within the marketplace.
This position reports directly to the Chief Development Officer (CDO) and manages a team of three.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Increase corporate and event engagement
- In partnership with the CDO, plans, prepares and executes a partnership engagement strategy focused on securing new and expanded partnerships that strengthen support for the mission through (not limited to) the following revenue generation strategies: event sponsorships, peer-to-peer fundraising activities, charitable gifts, marketing partnerships and employee engagement opportunities.
- Proactively lead the strategic process for identification, cultivation and solicitation of sponsorships and contributions from corporate, civic and faith prospects whose interest align with our brand and programs.
- Leverage Promise House CEO, executive leaders and other Promise House staff in outreach to partners as well as supporting their engagement with donors.
- Effectively manage, deliver and measure the fulfillment of assets and impact reports for partners.
- Lead Volunteer Event Committees; organizing and attending meetings, draft meeting minutes and empowering volunteers to be successful fundraisers.
- Manage the development of compelling donor proposals and presentations.
- Meet and otherwise communicate with prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective cultivation.
- Cultivate and steward a personal portfolio of corporate, civic and faith donors; focused on growth.
- Utilize the Blackbaud Raisers Edge CRM system to manage relationship building and support the business process of corporate engagement by tracking interactions, proposals, donations from prospects and donors.
- Ensures tracking and reporting processes are in place to effectively monitor periodic (i.e. monthly/quarterly) progress against goals and to identify corrective actions to address variances in performance against goals.
Enhance marketing strategy & outreach
- Develop communications strategy that effectively communications the organizational case for support. Overseeing the creation of newly developed collateral to support fundraising activities for agency audiences in collaboration with the marketing and events coordinator.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners on promotional items, creative material, presentations and marketing content across multiple channels (i.e. social, web, press, etc.) maintaining compliance with established policies and standards.
- Provide leadership for the recruitment and retention of a qualified agency marketing contractor team.
Provide staff leadership
- Provide direct supervision of the Marketing & Events Coordinator and Partnership Engagement Manager, supporting and coaching direct reports and ensuring employees understand their assigned roles and responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two years of previous supervisory experience.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills required. Demonstrated ability to write clear and persuasive proposals.
- Excellent time management skills and a high degree of organization, careful attention to detail, ability to multitask and to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge CRM or a similar constituent relationship management system.
- Ability to represent the Promise House in a professional manner in all situations with the public, volunteers, staff and the Board of Directors.
- Well-disciplined, self-motivated and goal-driven; able to work with a high degree of independence as well as part of a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Critical thinking skills, problem-solving initiative, and professional accountability for quality of work and adherence to deadlines.
- Passion for the Promise House mission.
- Must be able to work evenings and/or weekends that coincide with events and meetings; and multiple work sites.
- Successful completion of pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Valid Driver’s license and verification of insurance.
Please see website below: